Assistant Director - Human Resources
The Culinary Institute of America
The Assistant Director - Human Resources is responsible for organizing, developing, implementing, and coordinating activities related to Human Resources functions, with a specific focus on the CIA’s branch campuses. As a senior member of the HR team, the Assistant Director will work collaboratively with Human Resources colleagues to ensure the development and the application of existing and emerging programs and procedures to reduce administrative workload and increase programmatic effectiveness within the Human Resources function.
• Assists the Senior Director - Human Resources in overseeing the day to day administration, operations and activities of the Human Resources function.
• Manages branch campus employee relations for staff on behalf of the CIA. Oversees employee disciplinary processes, ensuring that all progressive discipline is documented and properly maintained in employee files. Conducts investigations as required regarding employee conduct and behavior. Supports departments in the establishment of performance improvement plans for under-performing employees. Manages employee "for cause" termination processes in compliance with CIA standards. Acts in full compliance with all Title IX policies and procedures of the Institute.
• Oversees the recruitment and staffing functions for the branch campuses, in concert with the overall recruiting and staffing strategy and processes of the HR department. Directs the staffing processes for all open positions. Ensures quality processes and procedures are in place with the goal of procuring the optimal new hires for each open position.
• Manages all operations related to Branch Campus support for domestic campuses. Ensures policies, procedures and programs are in place related to specific needs of each campus location, and provides support on all business needs from those campuses.
• Acts as a strategic business partner for the branch campus leadership teams. Meets regularly with the Managing Directors and General Manager to determine business and operational goals, and designs and implements plans on how HR can support their operations.
• Supports implementation of HR processes, including but not limited to annual performance appraisal and increase cycles, annual goal and objective setting, wellness or employee events, and annual compliance notices.
• Provides support to department management personnel on matters pertaining to compensation practices, pay decisions, policy interpretation and performance management.
• Oversees the student employment function for the branch campuses. Ensures that all processes are in compliance with the overall direction for the Institute.
• Assists in the development and writing of Human Resources and CIA policies and procedures as required or assigned.
• Assists with the administration of benefit, compensation, leave of absence and worker's compensation programs, as required.
• Provides project management for events and HR activities as required, including but not limited to annual employee survey administration, employee events and system enhancements. Deploys staff to assist in business processes throughout the fiscal year.
• Supports the rewards and recognition programs for the CIA, ensuring that programs are fully leverages at the branch campuses.
• Partners with the Human Resources team on employee engagement programming, including program development and other action items related to increasing employee engagement in the workplace.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
• Five (5) years of progressive Human Resources experience; one (1) of which must have been in an employee relations capacity and one (1) of which must have been in a recruitment or staffing capacity.
• A minimum of one (1) year of experience supervising employees is required.
• Strong knowledge of employee relations and full cycle recruitment administration and practices, human resources systems, policies and procedures and human resources generalist activities.
• Strong knowledge of employment legislation required.
• Ability to effectively work within multi-disciplined work teams to respond to business needs.
• Must have experience with an online HR system or recruitment system.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
• Higher Education working experience preferred.
• Corporate experience in a multi-unit environment preferred.
• Experience working with the UltiPro HR System an asset.
• Knowledge of employment legislation for one or more of the states of New York, California, or Texas would be preferred
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers and effective partnership with human resource colleagues, as well as the ability to determine when situations require escalation or may be handled independently.
• Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive human resources issues with confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
• Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
• Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with HRIS systems and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Advanced skills in Excel required
• Able to travel frequently to other CIA locations due to business needs.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more The Culinary Institute of America Jobs