Assistant Director of Benefits
The New School
- Employee Relations
- Administer and communicate a comprehensive benefits program including health care and dental care plans, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short and long-term disability, qualified transportation expense, employee assistance program and tuition waiver plans for faculty and staff.
- Counsel faculty and staff regarding the provisions of all benefit plans and programs.
Work closely with the Senior Director of Benefits in the planning, development and design/redesign of benefits programs
- Conduct new faculty and staff benefits orientations.
- Communicate, coordinate, and work with providers and third-party administrators to resolve questions, problems, and claims issues and work to ensure quality service.
- Administer short-term and long-term disability plan benefits, workers compensation claims, and coordinate leaves with FMLA requirements.
- Oversee all benefits-related enrollments, changes, and terminations in the University’s Human Resource Information System (Workday)
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Complete all federal filings, including 5500s.
- Maintain content on benefits website.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/14152
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of benefit plans administration experience.
- Experience in maintaining benefits compliance as per federal and state laws and regulations.
- Strong communication, presentation and strategic leadership skills.
- Strong organization skills with ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Technical proficiency in an HR Information Systems (Workday preferred) as well as intermediate to advanced skill level in Word and Excel.
- Strong customer focus with superior interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Experience in a higher education setting and/or non-profit environment preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more The New School Jobs