Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- HR Generalist
Responsible for day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan). Maintains current knowledge regarding employee benefit trends and works to both improve existing programs and to recommend and implement new benefits programs.
Serves as primary contact for vendors and third-party administrators. Partners and negotiates with vendors to ensure the firm is able to provide the best plans, options and rates possible. Also maintains vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
Coordinates daily activities of benefits processing (enrollments, terminations, plan/beneficiary changes, claims processes, etc.). Maintains employee benefits files, HR/benefits database, etc.
Monthly billing and reconciliation processes.
Completes benefits surveys, as needed, and evaluates information obtained from the results.
Provides customer service and support to both internal and external customers. Ensures timely preparation of reports for others in the firm, outside vendors and reporting agencies.
Develops and maintains communication tools to ensure clear understanding of the company's benefits offerings. Assists in communication of benefits information through benefits orientations, open enrollment sessions and summary plan descriptions.
Keeps supervisor abreast of current issues and potential problems as they develop; suggests possible solutions and seeks advice as needed.
Uses various software programs including word processing, spreadsheets and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to maintain information and prepare information for others.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Administrator Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. Jobs
View More Jobs in Kansas City, MO:
- View more jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Benefits Administrator jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Engineering jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- HR Generalist jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Benefits jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Communications jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Compensation jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- HRIS jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Training/Development jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
View More Jobs in MO:
- View more jobs in Missouri
- Benefits Administrator jobs in Missouri
- Engineering jobs in Missouri
- HR Generalist jobs in Missouri
- Benefits jobs in Missouri
- Communications jobs in Missouri
- Compensation jobs in Missouri
- HRIS jobs in Missouri
- Training/Development jobs in Missouri
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. jobs in Missouri