Benefits & Compliance Manager
United Nations Foundation
- Employee Relations
The United Nations Foundation (UNF) is seeking a candidate with a passion for human resources, innovation, and attention to detail to manage all functions associated with benefits onboarding, administration of the employee benefit program, compliance and wellness initiatives. The position coordinates and manages all aspects of employee benefits, including, but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance (STD), long-term disability insurance (LTD), life insurance, flexible spending account plans, health savings accounts, tax-deferred retirement plan, etc. The incumbent is also responsible for the planning and administration of open enrollment. This position will provide guidance, assistance, and clarification regarding UNF’s policies, procedures, and documentation for all employees.
The Benefits & Compliance Manager will embrace the Foundation’s vision while promoting the organization's core values and while striving to create an enjoyable work environment.
This position will be a critical member of the Talent Management team and will report to the Director of Talent Management.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all employee benefits; respond to employee questions dealing with health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, HSA, life insurance, tax-deferred retirement plan, employee leave, and metro benefits; process all health care invoices for payment.
- Encourage and facilitate the staff's education regarding benefits.
- Plan and manage the annual benefits open enrollment process for all employees.
- Calculate benefits elections as payroll deductions, when needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Foundation’s benefits broker and consulting firm in the evaluation of benefit programs and costs, review competitive bids, and make recommendations to the Executive Director of Talent Management.
- Manage COBRA administration. Ensure additions and removals of employees for continuation coverage is timely and accurate.
- Manage FMLA and disability processes.
- Maintain current benefit offerings in HRIS, ensuring staff elections are properly coded.
- Enter, remove and edit employee records within benefit vendor sites. Ensure timely additions/removals with accuracy.
- Work to resolve any issues that may arise as it pertains to benefit elections.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of retirement employee and employer contributions to TIAA.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of HSA employee and employer contributions to BenefitWallet.
- Maintain up-to-date benefits information and forms on shared team drive.
- Act as administrator for SmartBenefits and TransitChek programs. Manage SmartBenefits anytime, report creation, Commuter Direct account assistance. Ensure new employees and terminated employees are both added and removed from systems timely.
- Ensure annual retirement limits are monitored and reported accurately.
- Work with Associate, Talent Management to maintain up-to-date benefits information and forms on the UNF intranet, Passport.
- Work with Talent Management leadership to conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations and provide information to internal and external auditors, potential funders, and other parties as needed.
- Act as main POC for annual retirement plan audit.
- Compile data requests for teams as needed.
- Manage ACA compliance function.
- Promote wellness activities to staff, planning events for both offices of UNF.
- Responsible for monitoring wellness trends and making recommendations for best practices.
- Responsible for identifying and managing brown bag luncheons related to wellness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources/Benefits and a desire for growth.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with ADP and/or Ultimate Software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many projects at once is a must.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as well as member of a team.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Dependable and consistent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interest, knowledge or work experience in international development, the UN, women’s human rights, public health, international affairs, or closely related international development field.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compliance Coordinator Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more United Nations Foundation Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Compliance Coordinator jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Compensation jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Legal jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- United Nations Foundation jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
View More Jobs in DC:
- View more jobs in District of Columbia
- Compliance Coordinator jobs in District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in District of Columbia
- Compensation jobs in District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in District of Columbia
- Legal jobs in District of Columbia
- United Nations Foundation jobs in District of Columbia