The Museum of Modern Art
Benefits Coordinator | Human Resources
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a Benefits Coordinator to join its Human Resources team. This position reports to the Benefits Manager and provides support to other department members. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Serves as first contact to employees to answer/resolve a variety of benefits-related questions and issues, escalating more complex issues to Benefits Manager as needed.
- Processes and enters benefit enrollments (new hire, life event, termination) into HRIS and multiple vendor systems.
- Reports new benefit deductions to Payroll Department and ensures that correct deductions are taken from paychecks.
- Administers leave of absence (including disability, FMLA, personal) and workers’ compensation programs, including communicating with employees and their managers, tracking claims, notifying unions, and completing necessary paperwork and reports. Acts as liaison between employee, payroll, and insurance carriers.
- Creates and runs reports to self-audit data entry.
- Ensures accurate billing and reconciliation of all benefits-related invoices, serving as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Reviews and processes various employee reimbursements in compliance with Museum policy or union contracts, ensuring that employees are reimbursed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all logistics for various employee “perks”: annual flu shots, staff discounts, benefits fair, wellness fair, etc.
- Ensures compliance posters are up to date at all locations.
- Presents group benefit orientations on monthly basis to all eligible union and non-union employees, ensuring employees understand all plan provisions and that paperwork is completed and processed in a timely manner
- Assists Benefits Manager with various projects, including implementation of a new HRIS.
Please submit resume and cover letter, ideally in one PDF document, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please reference the position title/department in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources, and two or more years of relevant experience, or equivalent. Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong Excel and analytical skills are critical. Experience working with HRIS databases. Great written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail required. Strong customer service orientation. Flexibility to deal with unexpected employee situations. Strong sense of initiative.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Coordinator Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more The Museum of Modern Art Jobs