W.C. Bradley Co.
- Organizational Development
Under general direction, administer and manage the operations of various employee benefit programs to include health, life, disability, unemployment, employee assistance, retirement savings, and the like.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the overall benefit program strategy for the Company; execute the strategy as directed.
- Administer and manage the operation of various employee benefit programs; analyze, develop, implement, and evaluate relevant policies and procedures; advise senior management on the program operations, including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues.
- Ensure all benefit programs are compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements to include applicable reporting, disclosure, and educational requirements (i.e., 5500’s and 1095/1094).
- Manage and maintain all benefit enrollment/administration systems; ensure systems and information resources are up-to-date, available, and easily accessible.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of benefit program information and enrollment materials.
- Report on benefit offering effectiveness; understand the market norms for benefit programs; conduct utilization analysis and make recommendation to management on program enhancements.
- Consult with insurance brokers to obtain trend data, benefit and plan design offerings, as well as costs; respond to insurance proposals and make recommendations for benefit offering changes; collaborate with the contracted employee benefits broker in the design and actuarial review of benefit programs.
- Communicate benefit program information to employees; assist employees in understanding available benefit choices and options available; serve as an advocate on behalf of the employee to resolve semi-complex to complex issues.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget for all benefit programs; maintain and evaluate financials and program cost; prepare specifications and review contracts for provider and employee benefit program services; manage internal and external audits of various benefit programs.
- Develop and maintain a strong business partner relationship with payroll, finance, company stakeholders, service providers, contracted consultants, benefit brokers, and Third Party Administrators; ensure the Company its employees and it’s shareholders are provided high level of service both internally and externally.
- Monitor claims administration and assist in settling or resolving claim settlements as necessary.
- Manage and maintain benefit program records; build, maintain, and provide reports as required or requested.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of benefit plan/program trends, standards of practice, as well as legal requirements and proposed changes.
- Actively participate on a non-voting basis in the company’s Retirement Committee.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Three (3) years of progressive experience developing and administering employee health and benefit programs.
License(s) / Certification(s):
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources, Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of employer benefit program standards of practice.
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state statutory requirements governing benefit programs (i.e. COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, and PPACA).
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment law as well as other relevant statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of multi-state benefit program strategies.
- Knowledge of benefit administration systems/solutions.
- Knowledge of and proficiency using an HRIS and payroll solutions (i.e., SuccessFactors and ADP).
- Proficiency using a Personal Computer (PC) to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong mathematic skills and the ability to conduct a complex statistical analysis.
- Financial management skills and the ability to monitor and proactively manage a significant budgetary expense.
- Strong contract negotiation skills and the ability to provide business partner engagement opportunities which are both service and financially equitable.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple complex projects.
- Time management skills and the ability to effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships with persons of varying personalities both within and outside the company.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and respectful light both externally in the community and in professional engagements.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accomodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accomodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Manager Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more W.C. Bradley Co. Jobs