Bilingual Spanish Human Resources Manager
- HR Generalist
- International HRM
- Employee Relations
Business Unit Human Resources Manager – Fernandina Beach, FL
Fernandina Beach, FL (office). Responsibility for facilities in Bradenton, FL, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Business Unit HR Manager provides leadership and functional HR generalist support to multiple plant locations within assigned business unit or region. This position executes HR and business initiatives at the business unit and facility level including, but not limited to, attracting and retaining talent, driving performance management and talent review process’, employee relations, training and development, workforce planning/headcount management and workers compensation case management.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
- Provide guidance to managers and employees regarding WestRock policies/practices administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
- Partner with BU management in finding, attracting and retaining talent.
- Ensure effective and timely pre-employment and on-boarding activities and requirements for all new or transferring employees.
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System to ensure that management has access to appropriate people information to run the business. Provided additional HR data and reports to managers as requested.
- Administers all compensation related activities for assigned locations including; annual merit review, incentive programs, promotions, etc. Ensure that salary recommendations are aligned with WestRock Compensation Guidelines and proper approvals are obtained.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Ensure that all annual Performance and Talent Reviews are completed in a timely manner and that developmental activities are administered as appropriate. Provide ongoing support as needed. Update key talent data in Talent Management System.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Assist Management in identifying training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Works with corporate benefits group to communicate and administer corporate benefits programs to hourly and salaried employees at assigned locations. Act as Benefits Champion during open enrollment period.
- Partner with Safety Leaders in supporting implementation of safety programs, including participation in safety committees and training compliance.
- Responsible for workers compensation case management and related reporting.
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple plants in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 5 years’ experience as an HR Generalist in a manufacturing environment across multiple locations
- SHRM Certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
- Available to travel on a monthly and quarterly basis
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more International HRM Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more WestRock Jobs