Compensation and Classification Analyst
Atlanta Public Schools
The Compensation and Classification Analyst, under the leadership of the Compensation and Leave Director, is responsible for determining classification and compensation against specified salary schedules for all District employees; calculating and processing various salary transactions (i.e., experience verifications, certification upgrades, leave recalculations, pay adjustments and retro payments); reviewing and maintaining job descriptions; completing salary surveys; participating in new employee orientations; and maintaining electronic documents.
- Evaluates employees’ work history to determine salary placement and experience credit for new hires and existing employees based on State and APS Compensation Guidelines.
- Calculates salaries, pay adjustments and retroactive payments for new hires, rehires, promotions, demotions, transfers, certification upgrades and return from leave.
- Uses the compensation module and various HR technology systems to process and/or approve pay changes actions, salary recommendations, salary audits, and annual salary uploads/increases on a timeline.
- Researches, analyzes and compiles statistics on compensation and job classifications to develop competitive position descriptions and classifications that align with industry standards, and to ensure internal parity of compensation levels across APS departments.
- Receives, researches and responds to customer inquiries concerning salaries, step placement and salary adjustments in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends and participates in District Onboarding and New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Assists in the calculation of annual salary and step increases for all employees.
- Assists the Director in the preparation and distribution of annual compensation statements.
- Conducts job analyses to determine the classifications into which jobs are to be placed based on similarity of the work performed, the difficulty of the work performed, and the qualifications necessary to perform the work; recommends pay grades into which classifications should be assigned.
- Develops, updates and maintains job descriptions and salary schedules on the District’s website.
- Scans, uploads and maintains electronic records, data tracking spreadsheets and other documentation for the Compensation Department.
- Conducts and participates in salary surveys; analyzes survey data and prepares reports.
- Provide in-service training related to human resource services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, strategies and techniques of compensation administration Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a range of leaders and employees within and external to the District
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, solve problems, make decisions and complete assignments on time
- Ability to handle difficult employment issues in a highly professional and expeditious manner
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations related to Human Resources, Fair Labor Standards and Compensation
- Knowledge of Human Resource and Compensation processes and best practices using technology (HRIS/ERP)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to manage databases; develop charts, tables and graphs
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work, with interruptions
- Detail-oriented ability, analytical aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field required.
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation, or the availability to get to off-site meetings. PHR, SHRM-CP or CCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years of similar and equivalent work experience in compensation. Experience using various HR systems, interpreting compensation guidelines (State and District) and working in a fast-paced urban school district or comparable government/private sector work preferred.
SALARY GRADE: 129
SALARY RANGE: $59,649 to $85,744
WORK DAYS: 254 Days (Annual)
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Classification Analyst Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Atlanta Public Schools Jobs