Chemonics International Inc
Washington, District of Columbia 20006
Chemonics International Inc
Chemonics is seeking a compensation manager. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to Chemonics’ goals and competitive practices. This position is responsible for ensuring compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with Chemonics’ policies and government regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and recommends plan revisions as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and Chemonics’ objectives.
- Leads or participates in or various compensation-related projects which involve development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs. Engages with external compensation consultants for advice and expertise as necessary.
- Provides advice to the Recruiting Department, managers, and business leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for Chemonics staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees.
- Provides consultative advice to Global HR on international compensation data, structure and best practices.
- Conducts and/or purchases salary surveys and analyzes market data to make recommendations regarding compensation packages, policies and programs.
- Reviews requests for new or revised job descriptions to determine appropriate pay levels and FLSA classification. Analyzes and evaluates exempt and non-exempt positions to establish equitable compensation rates within the company while keeping in line with the external market.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations and stays informed of new industry trends and best practices in compensation.
- Provides subject matter expertise and consultative guidance on compensation practices to the Recruiting Department, managers, and business leaders.
- Designs and develops metrics and dashboards to support a variety of compensation initiatives.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Assists with the development, preparation and distribution of compensation communication materials
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in compensation administration.
- Compensation experience in the international development industry and familiarity with USAID, State Department and other international donor guidelines preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
- Expert Excel skills, including model building
- Knowledge of compensation and job evaluation theories, applicable wage/hour regulations and salary survey methodologies
- Ability to work effectively at both the strategic and operational levels
- Possess strong plan design, administration and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year; experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving, and initiative to learn new skills
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compensation Manager Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Chemonics International Inc Jobs