Compensation Specialist – Alexandria, VA
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, performs a variety of responsible professional, technical and analytical classification and compensation activities related to the company’s compensation system. Maintains and ensures consistent application of the company’s classification standards for job classes.
The All Native Group is the Federal Government Services Division of Ho-Chunk, Inc., the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. The companies of the All Native Group have a wide variety of ongoing operations located across the United States and in several foreign countries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate positions to determine FLSA exemption status.
- Evaluate positions for SCA and Davis Bacon consistently.
- Reviews new positions in anticipation of recruitment to ensure appropriate classification. Based on position-specific information, determines if an existing description can be used for classification. As necessary, modifies and creates new descriptions which accurately reflect current roles, responsibilities and requirements.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
- Reviews and recommends salary placements for new hires.
- Build financial models to analyze and assess compensation data related to all employee compensation programs.
- Conducts Desk Top Audits to determine job and worker requirements are accurate.
- Assists with gathering information and providing basic analysis for Compliance audits (DCAA, OFCCP, as well as internal audits).
- Maintains strict confidentiality with sensitive materials.
- All other job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of job evaluation methods, market salary analysis and geographic pay differential concepts.
- Must have 3-5 years+ experience in SCA, FLSA, Davis Bacon, Fair Pay, etc.
- Must have 3-5 years+ Salary Surveys and or Compensation Surveys experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong consultative skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to listen, communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong comprehension, troubleshooting ability, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and related experience.
- 3-5 years of business experience to include 2+ years of Compensation experience.
- Previous Government Contractor experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience-Specifically:
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel, using VLOOKUP, PivotTable, writing advanced formulas, Macros, etc.
- Intermediate level Word and PowerPoint.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company