Corporate Director of Human Resources
JTB Hawaii, Inc.
- Employee Relations
General Summary: Under general direction of the General Manager, Corporate Planning & Administration, develops, implements and coordinates policies and programs encompassing all aspects of human resources management: including employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, compensation and benefits, training, placement, and employee services.
- Responsible for all areas of human resources for the organization. Develops, implements, monitors, enforces, updates, and maintains company policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and employee handbook; manages all phases of employment including recruitment, advertising, interviewing, screening, hiring, training, and termination. Counsels employees when necessary.
- Advises and serves as a resource to the management staff and employees regarding personnel policies, procedures and practices, labor laws, employees’ and employer’s rights and regulatory compliance. May seek advice from professional consultants for resolution of human relations and work performance problems within the company. Acts as a facilitator in employee/employer disputes or grievances; responsible for resolution of disputes.
- Keeps abreast of employment and labor related laws and regulatory requirements, and disseminates pertinent information to top management when necessary. Consults with external professionals and authorities such as advisors, attorneys and government agencies when necessary; acts as company representative in case of any legal issues.
- Participates in resolving human relations and work performance problems within the organization. Acts as a facilitator in employee/employer disputes or grievances; responsible for resolution of the disputes.
- Oversees the establishment of procedures for recruitment and placement. Directs the staff involved in performing the exempt and nonexempt recruiting, placement of advertising, interviewing, selection and placement of applicants for employment. Ensures excellent relations with outside employment agencies and recruiters.
- Oversees new employee orientation, on-boarding, exit interviews and employee counseling.
- Responsible for preparation of reports for management’s use and reference with regards to forecasting employment needs, workforce tracking, etc.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Oversees employee benefits program for the organization: plans and directs implementation and administration of benefits programs designed to insure employees against loss of income due to illness, injury, layoff, or retirement. Administers qualified benefit plan, such as 401(k), medical, dental, COBRA, group life, TDI, Workers Compensation, vacation, leave of absence, etc.
- Manages compensation function for the company. Develops, implements and maintains wage and salary program. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of data input to payroll system.
- Ensures payroll is processed in a timely manner, in accordance with wage and hour laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, and in compliance with regulatory agencies.
1. Develops staff development and training plans for organization. Produces a training catalog of available seminars, courses, workshops that will upgrade and promote the skills and qualifications of employees.
1. Manages subordinates to include motivating and directing staff to achieve individual and departmental goals and objectives. Educates, evaluates, counsels, guides and trains subordinates in execution of their job responsibilities in pursuit of career development.
2. Plans, delegates, and follows up on work assigned. Determines work procedures, prepares and adjusts work schedules, and expedites work flow and assignment to meet deadlines.
1. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local statutory requirements.
2.Oversees preparation of reports that are filed with regulatory agencies.
1.Oversees implementation, maintenance, and upkeep of computer database that houses all employee information as related to personal data, wages, benefits, etc. Ensures any system conversion is handled properly and efficiently.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains records, prepares reports and statistical analyses as required.
- Develops departmental and organization-wide budget for human resource related matters
- Serves as back up in absence of the subordinate staff; performs the functions and responsibilities to get the job done.
- Reviews the content of the primary organization newsletter.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For this position to succeed, the following qualities, skills and knowledge must be met:
- Leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
- Must have knowledge, experience and understanding of the following Leadership competencies: Financial Management, Leadership, Customer Knowledge, People Development, Communication and Vision.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly accurate, conscientious, and able to work independently and with a team, be creative, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business an organizational planning, coordination, and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions. This includes recruitment, selection, training, and promotion regulations and procedures; compensation and benefits packages; and personnel/payroll information systems.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; or
- Fifteen years related experience and/or training;
- Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least five years of managerial experience.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more JTB Hawaii, Inc. Jobs
View More Jobs in Honolulu, HI:
- View more jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Administrative jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Benefits jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Employee Relations jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Legal jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii
- JTB Hawaii, Inc. jobs in Honolulu, Hawaii