Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with more than 600 locations open worldwide and with more than 400 new fitness studios under development across the nation and internationally.
The Curriculum Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining instructional programs to support our fitness, sales, and studio operations training. Using adult learning theories and needs analysis, the Curriculum Developer will work collaboratively with our Learning and Development team and SMEs to create effective, skills-based courses and certifications. These programs support and improve performance in the areas of soft skills, business operations, sales, customer service, and fitness coaching. This is a highly collaborative position which requires a strong educational focus, leadership skills, and a creative problem-solving approach.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure a unified learning theory across training to ensure brand consistency.
- Develop curricula designed to coach and develop staff for optimum performance.
- Work collaboratively with department heads, subject matter experts, and developers to research, design and implement effective training solutions.
- Organize content sequentially and effectively to maximize knowledge transfer.
- Perform recurring needs analysis to determine training needs and performance gaps.
- Develop proprietary instructional materials including manuals, workbooks, presentations, online instructional modules and other tools to maximize learning engagement.
- Develop train-the–trainer programs and deliver as necessary.
- Develop assessment tools to evaluate training effectiveness.
- Review training materials to ensure accuracy, usability and effectiveness.
- Copyedit instructional materials and ensure compliance with program changes and brand standards.
- Assist with Learning Management System (LMS) maintenance tasks.
- Provides timely status updates and reports on projects to manager.
- Deliver training and presentations as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in instructional design, training/curriculum development, education, organizational development or a related field (an advanced degree is preferred).
3+ years developing curriculum (for corporate and/or fitness training programs is preferred).
Experience using ADDIE principles for adult learning theory, interactive and eLearning training.
Proficient with eLearning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate.
Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), including packaging and uploading content.
Knowledge of HTML, photo editing and video editing software is a plus.
Outstanding writing, listening, and presentation skills.
Ability to work under pressure and balance workloads efficiently.
Proven ability to think critically and creatively solve problems to increase performance.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Developer Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Orangetheory Fitness Jobs