The Director, Compensation is responsible for managing the compensation function for leaders and staff throughout the system. Plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. Responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that the organization’s compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to leadership.
- Educates leaders in ThedaCare’s compensation philosophy and practical application of our philosophy.
- Provides advice to leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the job evaluation process and develops the foundation for job descriptions across the system.
- Manages the administration of base compensation (executive, leaders and team member programs) including the reporting of compensation-related actions.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data to leadership and board committees.
- Develops recommendations and administers annual salary structure, premium pays and market adjustments for the organization.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
- Creates audit processes to assure that compensation standards are being followed system wide.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar leadership role and administering base and variable compensation programs
- Experience with job evaluation, market pricing methods essential.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or IFEBP Certificate in Compensation
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree Preferred