Director, Human Resources
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
With more than 40,000 members, the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is the nation's premier membership organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA builds and supports coalitions with other healthcare associations and industry groups to achieve consensus on solutions for the challenges the U.S. healthcare system faces today. Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, HFMA identifies gaps throughout the healthcare delivery system and bridges them through the establishment and sharing of knowledge and best practices. We help healthcare stakeholders achieve optimal results by creating and providing education, analysis, and practical tools and solutions. Our mission is to lead the financial management of health care.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for strategic human resource planning, managing all aspects of human resources, and ensuring consistency of administration. Specifically, the Director is responsible for the planning, direction, and management of the following disciplines: Compensation; Performance Management; Benefits; Recruitment and Retention; Training and Development; Employee Relations; Orientation; Legal Compliance. The Director serves as a strategic partner to the Association’s management team to attract, engage and retain the best possible talent. Directly supervises a Human Resources Manager. Reports to the Senior Vice President, People & Culture.
The Director also has responsibility for facilities management including budget, space planning, furniture, suite appearance and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates the organization’s strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Scans the external environment for HR trends and programs that can positively impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of talent that align with the long-term goals of the organization.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps along with managing the overall recruitment process.
- Develops programs to support managers and their staff to drive effective performance across the organization.
- Manages the non-executive compensation programs and administers the employee benefits programs which are comprised of health, dental, life, LTD, and 401k. Annually participates in negotiating rates and benefits coverage and makes recommendations to executive management aligning them with the annual budgeting process.
- Maintains relationship with external vendors and sources.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Maintains compliance with all statutory requirements governing human resource practices and advises management regarding appropriate policy or procedural changes necessary to be in compliance with federal, state or local laws.
- Provides direction to HR Manager responsible for Westchester, IL facilities and space.
- Oversees preparation of budget and projections for facilities.
A minimum of seven to ten years related experience required with at least 5 years supervisory experience. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) required, Master’s degree preferred. Certification in the appropriate field desirable. Ability to work in a team environment, serving as a team leader or facilitator as necessary. Excellent communication skills, personal computer skills, and project management skills necessary. Ability to conduct training sessions. Occasional travel may be required.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Director Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more HFMA Jobs
View More Jobs in Westchester, IL:
- View more jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- Human Resources Director jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- HR Generalist jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- Compensation jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- Benefits jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- Employee Relations jobs in Westchester, Illinois
- HFMA jobs in Westchester, Illinois