Director of Human Resources – Generalist
Karen Karp & Partners
- HR Generalist
Director of Human Resources – Generalist
Senior Living Properties strives to set the standard in the delivery of quality health care services in the urban and rural communities they serve, with 32 Skilled Nursing Facilities for senior citizens across the states of Texas and Oklahoma. As a company, and as coordinated staff teams, SLP is dedicated to providing love and attention to those in their care, one resident at a time, allowing them to maintain their freedom, dignity and independence. Providing both resident care and rehabilitative services, SLP’s experienced teams work together to ensure each resident a life in a safe and enriching environment and to instill residents’ families with confidence and comfort in their loved ones’ care. For additional information, please visit www.seniorlivingproperties.com.
Senior Living Properties is seeking a talented, hands-on and experienced in the health care sector Director of Human Resources – Generalist who will build the HR function by enhancing and managing the implementation of a new HR strategy in partnership with the Senior Management Team. This position requires an experienced, highly effective HR generalist with a career of increasing responsibilities in enhancing the Human Resources function’s effectiveness within a performance based and growth oriented health care organization..
In addition to excellence in HR administration, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for highly effective recruiting and retention, performance management, employee communication and engagement, and consistent application of HR policies and practices in support of Senior Living Properties’ organizational success and building a stimulating, diverse team-based work environment.
The Director of Human Resources – Generalist will report directly to the President and COO and has one direct report. This position is located in Ft. Worth.
- Develop, manage and streamline organization-wide employee focused processes related to the life cycle of SLP’s staff including recruiting and orientation, retention and engagement, performance management, feedback and annual reviews, promotions, and benefits administration
- Plan and implement Human Resources initiatives in support of SLP’s organizational culture, to deliver SLP’s objectives, and to attract and retain staff
- In partnership with supervisory management, develop the capabilities of SLP’s staff through recruiting and retention of excellent staff, training and education, performance management, and identification of assignments which bring out the best in people
- Manage the recruiting process within the context of SLP’s broader hiring process and values, as well as the on-boarding process – and improve upon both
- Manage organization-wide communications
- Coordinate the annual salary review and incentive compensation process
- In partnership with Finance, lead the roll-out of the annual benefit renewal process
- Lead initiatives aimed at strengthening SLP’s staff community and culture
- Develop and track key HR metrics, and create a HR dashboard
- 8-10 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist in growing health care organizations with increasing scope of responsibility, preferably in the nursing home sector
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in Human Resources prefered
- 3-4 years of managerial experience
- A proven track record in excellence in Human Resources’ administration, recruiting and talent management, performance management, employee relations and communications, and compensation and benefits
- Outstanding influencing, partnership and negotiation skills with strong ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional track record in evaluating, recruiting, and retaining staff and new hires
- Outstanding ability to listen and to speak with people at all levels of the organization
- Results oriented mindset with the ability to be flexible in order to find the right balance between operational pressures, annual objectives and various internal and external pressures
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, balancing process and business results
- Effective at finding a balance between listening, coaching, proposing, directing and deciding
- Metrics and data driven
- Persistence, patience and tact combined with excellent, data based judgment
- Highly accountable
- Able to provide pragmatic solutions, with urgency and wisdom, to complex organizational and staff issues
- Outstanding employee communications with a diverse staff
- Experience in developing and managing external partners
- Outstanding project management skills
- Superb partnership and relationship building skills
- Excellent in absorbing new information quickly and translating key points into positive outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Commitment to the urban and rural health care sectors
Working at Senior Living Properties:
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Senior Living Properties. In addition to working at a growing organization that strives to set the standard in the delivery of quality health care services in the communities we serve, this is an outstanding opportunity to build an excellent HR department in support of staff, residents and business objectives. Senior Living Properties offers its staff a varied, stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment. Benefits include competitive compensation, medical, dental, and vision, insurance, life insurance, STD and LTD insurance, 401(k) savings plan, pre-tax health, vacation and paid time-off policies.
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, want to play a lead role in development the HR function, and want to be a part of a growth company, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Human Resources - Generalist” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Senior Living Properties conducts background checks, reference checks, drug tests and computer literacy tests for final candidates.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Karen Karp & Partners Jobs