Director of Human Resources
Confidential Private Company
- HR Generalist
- Organizational Development
Who are we? Autocar is the only American truck manufacturer focused on trucks for severe-duty vocational applications. But above all, Autocar is focused on our customers: Our truck helps our customers to be more successful and to achieve their challenging objectives.
Autocar’s hundreds of customers include every national waste-hauling fleet, major cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, and Charlotte, and many of the largest retailers and freight handlers in North America.
As the industry's technology and innovation leader, Autocar has forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison, Cummins, ArvinMeritor, Hendrickson among others, and has delivered more natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Autocar is the oldest motor vehicle manufacturer in the United States and built America's first truck, in 1899. A proudly American-owned company, Autocar is headquartered in Hagerstown, Indiana and is affiliated with GVW Group, based in Highland Park, Illinois.
What will you do? The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for developing, directing and implementing a proactive different approach to bring out the best in people, implementing the management philosophy on hiring and developing people in the organization and strengthening our ability to help the organization grow based on our most important asset, people.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary.
- Implements management philosophy about people
- Implements management HR operational strategy
- Ensures the development and delivery of high-quality HR processes
- Executes strategy for organizational culture
- Initiates and executes HR technology decisions
- Executes policies and procedures consistent with organizational values and goals
- Analyzes functional programs
- Mitigates compliance risks
- Manages Immigration Onboarding Processes
- Manages the onsite HR staff
- Guides and advises leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Executes employee communication and engagement initiatives
- Prepares, implements and conducts new-hire onboarding and orientation
- Develops training and employee development programs for skill, culture and personal growth
- Administers and advises leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, ACA, etc.
- Participates in designing the action plan for specific site initiatives that support the strategic plan with the appropriate stakeholders
- Participates in the continuous assessment, prioritization and revision of capability development plans.
- Leads the implementation and communication of standard site and system learning solutions at the site
- Delivers training for defined learning solutions
- Drives performance management and compensation processes
- Analyzes data and report monthly HR metrics
- Ensures consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Performs thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Stays abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Administers 30 day new employee experience and exit interviews.
The Ideal candidate would have:
- At least 5-7 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of HR management experience
- Worked in an organization with a progressive approach to people
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Consultant Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Confidential Private Company Jobs
View More Jobs in Birmingham, AL:
- View more jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- HR Generalist jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Communications jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Consultant jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Organizational Development jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Training/Development jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
- Confidential Private Company jobs in Birmingham, Alabama