Director of Human Resources Management
Committee for Public Counsel Services
- HR Generalist
- Retail / Wholesale
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
The Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS) is the state agency in Massachusetts responsible for providing legal services to indigent persons in criminal and civil matters in which the law requires the appointment of counsel for any person who cannot afford to retain counsel. The agency provides representation in criminal, delinquency, youth offender, child welfare, mental health, sexually dangerous person and sex offender registry cases, as well as appeals and post-conviction cases related to those matters.
CPCS has offices in 23 cities and towns throughout the state and approximately 800 employees. (To learn more about CPCS, visit our web site at www.mass.gov/cpcs.) CPCS currently seeks a Director of Human Resources Management.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
- The Director of Human Resources Management provides overall organizational leadership for the human resources department. The major areas of responsibility include: recruitment and employment; benefits administration; compensation; worker’s compensation; legal compliance; performance consulting/management; employee relations; policy development; payroll and HR information systems and related policy development and administration. The Director of Human Resources Management supervises a HR team which is responsible for the administration and delivery of human resources-related services and is responsible for ensuring that HR practices align with the mission and goals of the agency to best serve the needs of our clients and staff.
- Works with the senior staff to address critical business and fiscal issues with human resources implications.
- Ensures the agency’s HR priorities are aligned with the CPCS’s strategic and annual plans. Plans, organizes and directs the daily operations of the agency’s human resources payroll and benefits programs.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of all human resources policies, programs, and practices in conjunction with the General Counsel’s Office to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws, and administrative regulations; designs, implements and monitors personnel policies annually; recommends appropriate changes and updates in HR systems and procedures to benefit CPCS and its staff. Maintains knowledge of current Human Resources best practices.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with applicable state and federal laws affecting employment by keeping current on trends, changes, and significant court cases. Serves as the Agency’s EEO officer and as the Agency’s Sexual Harassment officer. Directs outreach and diversity recruitment efforts for all staff; oversees all diversity and cultural competency initiatives. Works with senior staff to design, align and integrate strategies for staff retention.
- Coaches managers and employees with respect to employee relations. Collaborates with Training Director on management training and skill development programs.
- Works with senior staff to develop and manage compensation programs.
- Responsible for leading a talented team of HR professionals. Evaluates and develops the work performance of Human Resources staff and leads the performance management program for all agency staff.
To perform this job successfully, the individual will possess the following:
- Broad knowledge of and experience in human resources functions, including policy development and administration, compensation system development and employee relations and performance management.
- At least ten years of human resources experience of increasing responsibility and five years of direct management experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organization development or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Staff supervision and program management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Committee for Public Counsel Services Jobs
View More Jobs in Boston, MA:
- View more jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Legal jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Benefits jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Compensation jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Diversity jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Employee Relations jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- HRIS jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Training/Development jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
- Committee for Public Counsel Services jobs in Boston, Massachusetts
View More Jobs in MA:
- View more jobs in Massachusetts
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Massachusetts
- Legal jobs in Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Massachusetts
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Massachusetts
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Massachusetts
- Benefits jobs in Massachusetts
- Compensation jobs in Massachusetts
- Diversity jobs in Massachusetts
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Massachusetts
- Employee Relations jobs in Massachusetts
- HRIS jobs in Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Massachusetts
- Training/Development jobs in Massachusetts
- Committee for Public Counsel Services jobs in Massachusetts