Director of Human Resources
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
- Labor/Industrial Relations
Metro Bus is located in St. Cloud, MN. We are a multiple award winning Transit Authority, created by the State of Minnesota in 1969, currently serving a four-city metropolitan area. Our 160+ employees provide seven day a week Fixed Route, Dial-a-Ride, and University transportation services along with commuter bus service. St. Cloud is located on the Mississippi River just one hour northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul and one hour from the beautiful lakes area of Minnesota.
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for management of human resource functions. Develops policies and procedures and provides technical advice in all areas of human resources administration, risk management, and regulations. Receives direct supervision from the Chief Finance and Administration Officer. Responsible for direct supervision of the Human Resources Specialist.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Coordinates and directs employee recruitment, selection, background checks and coaching. Manage employee relations and retention.
- Oversees administration of the benefits program. Evaluates and compares existing benefits, participates in industry surveys, analyzes survey results and develops recommendations for improving the benefits program. Manages the annual open enrollment benefit process. Oversees staff development and employee events for the organization.
- Plans and coordinates new employee on-boarding and orientation. Oversees the preparation of new employee orientation packets.
- Responsible for administration of the Drug and Alcohol program including development of the Drug and Alcohol Policy, selecting testing providers, employee testing process, training, SAP/EAP, return to work process and annual FTA reporting.
- Oversees employee leaves of absences, including FMLA, Parenting and Military Leave, etc.; advises employees on eligibility for continued benefits during leaves, and administers COBRA notices.
- Oversees the Worker’s Compensation program, including investigating and processing claims, reviewing claims for trends, and identify areas to reduce the number and severity of claims. Manages the return to work process. Acts as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Manages the grievance and discipline process in conjunction with the applicable department head. Provides advice and coaching to employees and management on personnel and performance issues, including promotions, discipline, grievances, etc.
- Represents the organization in developing, interpreting, implementing, and enforcing contracts, personnel policies, and procedures, AA/EEO and Title VI. Responsible for compliance with the Data Practices Act. Responsible for ensuring compliance with state and federal employment laws. Communicates changes in policies and procedures to affected employees and provides training as necessary to ensure proper compliance. Investigates respectful workplace complaints.
- Member of the negotiating team for bargaining agreements.
- Administers the Commission’s Pay Equity and other related wage administration programs; prepares and disseminates information regarding employee salaries and benefits as required by law. Periodically updates job descriptions.
- Organizes and maintains all current and historical personnel records. Prepares and maintains statistical information on personnel; oversees submission of reports to the Minnesota Department of Labor, Federal Transit Administration, and other entities as needed.
- Provides direction and leadership to the human resources staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving management initiatives.
- Recommend and provide information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Visit our website at http://www.ridemetrobus.com/home/employment for a complete job announcement, job description, and application. To apply, submit an application, resume and cover letter by 4/7/17 to: Chief Finance and Administration Officer, 665 Franklin Ave NE, St. Cloud, MN 56304 or email email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment/AA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability and without regard to their protected veteran status. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Bachelor's degree in human resources or closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum seven years human resource experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Demonstrated background in personnel management, recruiting/hiring, training and compliance or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of personnel practices and procedures including recruitment and selection, wage and salary administration, comprehensive knowledge of personnel rules and regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and persuasively with others while maintaining professional composure under pressure and in controversial situations.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to resolve complex and specialized human resources problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be able to read and speak English clearly. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and keep comprehensive records.
- Ability to coordinate, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony charges involving drugs, alcohol, violence, theft or arson and to satisfactorily pass an enhanced criminal background check.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Metro Bus Jobs
View More Jobs in Saint Cloud, MN:
- View more jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Compensation jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Employee Relations jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- Metro Bus jobs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
View More Jobs in MN:
- View more jobs in Minnesota
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Minnesota
- Compensation jobs in Minnesota
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Minnesota
- Employee Relations jobs in Minnesota
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Minnesota
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Minnesota
- Metro Bus jobs in Minnesota