Director of Human Resources - Sales and Marketing
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Labor/Industrial Relations
This role will be responsible to partner with sales and marketing leadership to effectively maintain all legal compliance and to minimize the amount of exposure to the company. This position acts as a trusted advisor, coaches and influences, and develops leadership capability across a portion of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Works with the human resource (HR) leadership to proactively develop relationships with sales and marketing leaders.
Travels to the sales centers to assist with investigations, team member relations, legal and compliance matters, and to provide a strong HR presence at the sales and marketing locations.
Reviews and approves all sales and marketing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and programs as they are developed.
Reviews all requests for contingent hires.
Takes a proactive approach with sales and marketing management to ensure that time cards are reviewed and approved prior to the payroll deadline.
Reviews and recommends a course of action to all manual check requests.
Reviews monthly all specific performance requests and results.
Partners with sales and marketing leaders to assist in developing initiatives to increase net operating income (NOI), while maintaining legal compliance.
Maintains advanced knowledge of the sales and marketing processes.
Responsible for delivering company programs and monitors adherence to company policies and procedures and local, state and federal laws.
Initiates all employment law investigations within 24 hours as directed and investigates the issue thoroughly by conducting interviews will all relevant parties, documents investigations thoroughly and sends a copy of findings via email to direct report.
Ensures the handling of all team member relations issues as directed are handled in a timely manner, and are fair and legal.
Creates offer letters and relocation agreements.
Implements and rolls-out various company-wide programs as required by corporate HR, payroll, benefits, compensation and other company departments.
Ensures confidentiality of information.
Updates organizational charts monthly.
Coordinates all necessary related training courses.
Maintains the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
Operates office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
Completes all required company training and compliance courses as assigned.
Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- A minimum (1) year of experience in the Human Resource field required.
- A minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience in the Human Resource field required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification.
- Driver’s Licenses (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established time frames.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Ability to travel extensively in the US, Mexico, Canada and St. Martin
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Diamond Resorts Jobs