Director of Human Resources & Talent Management
Bowditch & Dewey, LLP
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
The Director of Human Resources & Talent Management is responsible for developing and executing Human Resources strategy and operations in support of the Firm’s strategic direction. Will lead a department that is responsible for HR policy development and implementation, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefit design and administration, with an emphasis on talent management and the professional development of the Firm’s attorneys.
Responsibilities to include:
1. Directs the Firm’s Human Resource functions: develops, organizes and ensures the effective implementation of all personnel programs. Advises all levels of management in the areas of personnel policies, compliance issues, performance management, problem resolution, discipline and termination. Prepares and manages the department budget.
2. Formulates and recommends new or modifies existing personnel policies. Maintains Policy Manual and ensures that all changes, additions and deletions are handled in a timely manner and communicated to Firm personnel.
3. Sets long and short-term goals for the HR function, participates in firm-wide strategic planning and initiatives, and based on these goals and objectives, prepares and manages the department budget.
4. Provides coaching, consultation and support that contributes to the needs and business direction of the Firm.
5. Conducts disciplinary and/or termination meetings with employees.
6. Manages specific HR projects as well as participating in cross-functional initiatives.
7. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Ensures compliance with legal requirements and government regulations, including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, etc.
8. Supports Firm’s management principles, policies and programs and ensures they are applied fairly.
9. Manages voluntary and involuntary separation processes, conducts exit interviews, and participates in termination meetings.
10. Works with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
11. Effectively applies performance management to ensure that employees’ level of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards.
12. Focuses on employee engagement and retention strategies to help retain key staff by identifying trends, providing recommendations and implementing new initiatives.
13. Works with the Managing Partner, Executive Director, Practice Area Leaders and Administrative Directors to develop strategic staffing plans that effectively optimize talent, address performance gaps and develop performance and culture.
14. Develop and implement a lateral integration program to effectively integrate and appropriately support new lateral attorneys.
15. Working with the Executive Director, Practice Area Leaders, and others will oversee the implementation of firm-wide attorney development and other training programs. This will include developing a curricula that will assist lawyers in the development of both practice and leadership skills.
16. Working with the Firm’s Hiring Partner, Executive Director, and Practice Area Leaders will be responsible for the Associate Attorney hiring process.
17. Will work with designated Partners in overseeing the Firm’s Summer Associate Program, including the hiring, assignment and evaluation process.
18. Working with the Executive Director and Practice Area Leaders, will manage the Associate attorney and Income Partner evaluation process.
19. Management and supervision of Firm Paralegals.
This is an excellent opportunity that provides a competitive compensation package and a professional environment. The Director of Human Resources & Talent Management will play a key role in the Firm as it builds for the future.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Bowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Fax: (508) 929-3164
Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 8-10 years of progressive Human Resources management experience in a fast paced, challenging professional services environment. Law firm experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and leading HR teams.
• Strong client service focus with the ability to establish credibility and build strong relationships at all levels through periods of significant change.
• Experience in development and implementation of attorney training and development programs.
• Highly detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
• Demonstrates high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Bowditch & Dewey, LLP Jobs
View More Jobs in Worcester, MA:
- View more jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Legal jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Employee Relations jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Organizational Development jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Bowditch & Dewey, LLP jobs in Worcester, Massachusetts
View More Jobs in MA:
- View more jobs in Massachusetts
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Massachusetts
- Legal jobs in Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Massachusetts
- Employee Relations jobs in Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Massachusetts
- Organizational Development jobs in Massachusetts
- Bowditch & Dewey, LLP jobs in Massachusetts