Director of Human Resources
- Health, Safety, Security
- Employee Relations
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, this position manages, develops, implements and coordinates policies and programs encompassing several aspects of MBA’s HR functions with an emphasis on benefits, wellness, payroll, compensation and HRIS. In the VP’s absence, also serves as the departmental deputy. Occasionally called upon to perform other professional human resource services, including but not limited to recruitment/selection, employee relations and training/development. Ov ersees a Sr. HR Specialist.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Ensures that all of MBA’s employee benefits programs are technically and administratively sound.
- Serves as primary benefits-related contact, both internal and external, by building and maintaining healthy relationships with both staff and external contacts; assists employees with benefits and related policy questions;
- Manages short- and long-term disability plans and related employee leave; FMLA program; life insurance plans, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), etc.
- Reviews benefits utilization and proposes changes as appropriate; manages benefits budget; reviews and oversees the processing of insurance bills for payment;
- Plans and leads strategy meetings with appropriate internal stakeholders and external vendors; manages the benefits plan renewal process Plans and executes annual open enrollment period; oversees the processing of benefits elections and other changes to benefit implementation;
- Works with MBA’s broker and other third parties to resolve complex claims issues;
- Manages 401(k) program benefits strategy, policy and design activities; including making recommendations for improvements including cost strategy and the assurance of on-going competitiveness;
- prepares 401(k) and pension program budgets and related reforecasts, as needed;
- serves as the technical expert on both MBA’s 401(k) program and pension plan by conferring with employees on plan participation and coordinating educational and training programs; researches plan participant lists for data, filings, recordkeeping ensuring compliance with government agencies; gathers and submits actuarial data for pension plan valuation needs and audit requirements;
- In concert with the Internal Retirement Committee, third party advisor and plan trustee, reviews 401(k) investment options to ensure that they provide an appropriate mixture of funds with varying risk and reward ratios in accordance with 404(c) regulations;
- Ensures that the both the pension and 401(k) Plans are in compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and all other legislation, requiring the timely completion of equity-tests; annual reports detailing participation levels and financial information; Summary Plan Descriptions; PBGC premiums and Form 5500s;
- Arranges and conducts employee information presentations in retirement program areas, manages program enrollments/changes/terminations; reviews and authorizes payment of benefits-related billings and maintains statistical financial data.
Oversees the processing of MBA’s semi-monthly, multi-state staff payroll. Includes:
- Accurate processing of payroll and maintenance of external payroll database; including data entry, data verification, and balancing of time and attendance data;
- Ensures that payroll records have been updated accurately by reviewing and approving changes in items like exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, transfers, etc. Participates in the financial reporting process and provides analysis of payroll data;
- Oversees the development and maintenance of processes and procedures for all payroll-related activities. Works with Finance to ensure that MBA’s payroll systems are current and aligned with staff benefit and other related areas;
- Directly or indirectly oversees any payroll-related training for MBA staff;
- Stays up to date with payroll trends, remains abreast of new federal, state, or local rules and regulations, and implements new policies and procedures on MBA’s behalf, if needed;
- Manages third-party vendor relationships, e.g. ADP, DaveVic, etc. Oversees & coordinates the transmission of data to third party vendors;
- Works with MBA’s external auditors on the annual payroll, benefits and workers compensation audits;
- Recommendations for financial control improvements.
Serves as the “Systems Administrator” for the department’s fully-integrated HRIS system – ADP Workforce Now; accountable for the system’s integrity, security and the quality and maintenance of all employee data, records and documentation. Includes:
- On-going evaluation and selection of software, vendor interface, implementation and maintenance;
- Development of standards and processes to ensure that pertinent information is entered into the various systems accurately, efficiently and in a timely fashion by the HR Specialist;
- In conjunction with the HR Specialist, the development of ad hoc system queries and reports; preparation of HR analytics from the system and coaching others on fully utilizing Workforce Now;
- Analysis, development, recommendations on system enhancements, overseeing of system configurations, implementation, testing and ongoing support
Under general oversight from the Vice President of Human Resources:
- directly or with external assistance, collects market data for compensation structure assessments ensuring competitive positioning and internal equity;
- manages the develop and administration of staff incentive/commission arrangements, e.g. sales
- prepares ad hoc compensation reports;
- develop annual compensation budget and re-forecasts, as needed;
- in conjunction with the Finance team, performs data collection and analysis of IRS- mandated 990 report.
5. Administrative and Operational
Takes action during the VP’s absence and uses initiative and judgment to see that human resource matters requiring immediate attention are handled in a highly effective manner. Counsels staff at all levels and advises MBA’s leadership on the interpretation and application of MBA’s HR policies and programs so that HR-related issues or challenges can be resolved appropriately. On an as-needed basis, responsible for full life-cycle recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff. Also serves as a “client representative” for select MBA Groups.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in Business or Human Resources combined with a minimum of 10 years of experience in compensation, benefits, payroll and HRIS. MBA or graduate degree in business-related area may be substituted for a corresponding portion of the experience requirements. Must be proficient in technology including Microsoft Word and Excel, HRIS systems – ADP Workforce Now and ADP Payroll applications. Excellent oral and written communications skills and a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential information are essential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Director of Human Resources Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Health, Safety, Security Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Compensation jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
View More Jobs in DC:
- View more jobs in District of Columbia
- Assistant Director of Human Resources jobs in District of Columbia
- Benefits jobs in District of Columbia
- Compensation jobs in District of Columbia
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in District of Columbia