Director of Talent Development
- Organizational Development
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the Heidelberg Cement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. The Group employs approximately 45,000 people and operates in around 40 countries.
We have very recently hired a VP of Talent Management to help us explicitly focus upon the development of our people and take our programs to the next level of effectiveness. The VP of Talent Management is seeking a highly motivated and capable Director of Talent Development with which to partner on developing, implementing, and sustaining programs and processes that will:
- Improve the depth and readiness of our bench strength for key leadership and operational roles
- Ensure that we have pipeline of highly engaged and effective future leaders
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, so all of our employees can maximize their contributions and career satisfaction
This position will reside at the corporate office in Irving, Texas (no relocation assistance will be offered).
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
What you’ll get to do:
- Partner with leaders to evaluate the business relevance and effectiveness of our current Learning & Development offerings, identify opportunities for improvement, and ensure that our learning is practical, accessible, consumable, and applied.
Ensure strong linkage of talent management programs to overall business initiatives and human resources programs.
- Work with senior management to identify and develop key talent.
- Measure and track outcomes of talent management initiatives.
- Assist with design and execution of talent management, leadership development, and organizational development (OD) projects and core processes.
- Collecting and analyzing data to understand needs, diagnose issues, and define pragmatic solutions.
- Supporting execution of complex projects from initiation to completion, to achieve contracted outcomes.
- Assist with facilitation of meetings, focus groups, and other working sessions to help solve difficult problems and align disparate viewpoints.
- Conducting research on talent/OD best practices to support continuous improvement.
- Analyze the way we use our Learning Management System and identify opportunities for more effective utilization and easier administration.
- Partner with business and HR leaders to optimize/scale/construct development/rotational programs.
- Leverage your analytical skills, helping us measure the success of our initiatives/programs.
- Develop a more accessible and useful talent database.
- Get personally involved, facilitate needs analysis with business and HR leaders, develop solutions, and in some cases, directly facilitate learning.
- Help us integrate. Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and other departments and participate in deliberations about programs that impact the engagement and effectiveness of our employees.
- Ensure that our approach to on-boarding new employees accelerates the path to productivity and organizational effectiveness.
What we are looking for:
- Thinks strategically, yet operates tactically.
- Positive, energetic, and undaunted by challenges.
- Collaborative and inclusive, yet driven to achieve results.
- Aspirational, yet pragmatic.
- Executive presence balanced with a down-to-earth style.
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Makes the conceptual, operational and sustainable.
- Structured and organized.
Experience and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required. MBA or graduate degree in OD or HR preferred.
- Strong analytical, consultative, diagnostic, and facilitation skills.
- Extensive Learning Management System experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong content knowledge, proven, and well-rounded Talent experience: assessments and selection, organizational development, change management etc.
- Proficient in program/process design and process improvement.
- HR Business Partner experience preferred.
- Experience managing vendors and budgets.
Benefits & Compensation:
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
No search firms please.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Talent Development Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Lehigh Hanson Jobs