Director of Talent Management and Acquisition
Southern Methodist University
The Director of Talent Management will work closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer to assess the organization's talent management practices and ensure they support the overall business plan and strategic direction of the University. He/she will be responsible for designing, implementing, and revising talent management programs and practices to better support the campus community. Talent Management includes, but is not inclusive to, attracting, recruiting, on-boarding, developing and retaining top talent as well as performance management and succession planning. This position will serve in a leadership role within the Human Resources department.
This position seamlessly integrates both talent acquisition and talent management practices into one team and is expected to lead, design and support this talent strategy.
The first year priorities will be on refinement of attracting, recruiting and developing talent. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can effectively assess organizational needs and recommend, design and implement programs to fill gaps in a way that supports the overall strategic plan and the culture of the organization.
- Design, develop, and implement strategies for recruitment and provide consultation to leadership regarding recruitment and workforce development initiatives.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps. In partnership with organizational leaders, evaluate organizational needs relative to business performance gaps.
- Manage the Talent Management team.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the University to attract and retain top talent.
- Oversee and manage temporary staffing needs to support the campus. Manage relationship with SMU’s on-site Kelly Services staffing.
- Lead and facilitate internal management training sessions.
- Create an action plan for managing talent within the confines of the labor market
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant benchmarks
- Stay abreast of talent acquisition and talent development best practices and tools
- Maximize business practices, systems tools and communications to drive talent management initiatives across the University.
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of talent management and training systems/programs.
- Serve as thought partner/advisor to all levels of management.
- Act as primary recruiter for senior level positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree is required for this role, preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or a related degree.
Eight (8) plus years of progressive experience within HR with significant experience in talent acquisition is required for this role.
Prior experience leading a team of HR professionals is also required. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience in the areas of attracting, recruiting, onboarding and retaining talent as well as performance management. Higher Ed or Non Profit experience is desired along with experience with HR metrics. SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP-preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. He/she should have a strong customer service focus and be a strategic thinker and problem solver. The candidate in this role must possess the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
The candidate should also be an effective time and project manager with a strong attention to detail. He or she should have strong change management capabilities with organizational and planning skills being key. A strong business acumen and focus on process and analytics are highly desirable. The candidate should have personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Sit or long periods of time
- Bend, Squat, Stand, Kneel
- Push/Pull, Handle objects (dexterity)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: This position is open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please visit https://smu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=HUM00000013 or to view all job openings visit www.smu.jobs & select staff careers from the right-hand side menu to access the online application.
Southern Methodist University (SMU) will not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, education activity, or admissions on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. SMU's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX1 Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, including the prohibition of sex discrimination under Title IX. The Executive Director/Title IX Coordinator may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may also be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Talent Management Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Southern Methodist University Jobs