Director, People Services
WKS Restaurant Group
- Employee Relations
Primary function of the Director – People Services is to drive the WKS culture and bring it to life in our restaurants. The position will oversee and coordinate employment policies and programs with emphasis on employee relations, benefits and compensation, and insuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Vice President – People Services in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing People Services policies, programs, functions and activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Vice President – People Services in the daily administration of People Services programs and services as directed or assigned, including talent acquisition, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with the company’s values and overall objectives.
- Manage all activities relating to administration and maintenance of compensation programs. Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure plans are appropriately tied to the Company’s financial targets and department budgets. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
- Administer benefits programs, including conducting analysis and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health, life/AD&D and retirement plans). Analyze benefits offerings to optimize value and market competitiveness. Oversee open enrollment and ensure clear and effective communication of programs to employees. Oversee unemployment claim process and coordinate closely with Risk Management and Operations regarding return-to-work and accommodation issues related to workers’ compensation claims.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, talent acquisition, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the HRIS and data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly. Develop and deliver effective communication and training for People Services initiatives.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Business Acumen.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Ethical Practice.
This position manages the People Services team, including as applicable, People Services Managers, Generalists, Administrators and Clerks. This position is responsible for the employment cycle of these employees. This position also acts as coach and mentor to all other employees in the People Services department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- SPHR and/or SHRM certification preferred.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of Human Resources experience, including experience in staffing/talent acquisition.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of employee relations experience, and at least one (1) year experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: training, benefits, compensation, risk management/workers’ compensation.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in the restaurant industry a big plus. Multi-unit restaurant or retail experience also a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more WKS Restaurant Group Jobs
View More Jobs in Lakewood, CA:
- View more jobs in Lakewood, California
- Benefits jobs in Lakewood, California
- Compensation jobs in Lakewood, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Lakewood, California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Lakewood, California
- HRIS jobs in Lakewood, California
- WKS Restaurant Group jobs in Lakewood, California