Director, Workforce Development
The Arc of Monmouth
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
This senior leadership position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource activities and processes for all Union and non-Union employees; serves as part of the executive team that is responsible for the professional and organizational development of The Arc of Monmouth.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on workforce matters.
2. In conjunction with Human Resources Management, hire, fire, manage and supervise employees of the Human Resources Department and be responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
3. Maintain knowledge of industry and governmental policies and trends and stay current on employment legislation and requirements, and ensure the organization's compliance.
4. Serve lead role in the review, analysis and negotiations of employee benefits including, but not limited to health insurance, workers compensation, 403b Plan. Maintain closereview of utilization and expenses and seek new, improved and affordable benefits as appropriate.
5. Serve key role in investigations, Union relations, grievances and contract negotiations. Obtain information from department managers to continually guide and monitor employee relations issues and actions.
6. Serve integral role in developing, monitoring, and analyzing quality improvement metrics specific to workforce development.
7. In conjunction with Human Resources Management, communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures, and ensure proper compliance and follow through.
8. Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
9. Coordinate or conduct exit and stay interviews; make recommendations and/or oversee other employee engagement activities.
10. Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Executive Director, on personnel matters.
11. In conjunction with Human Resources Management, work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
12. Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff professional development for the organization.
13. Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
14. Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
15. Complete other duties as assigned or required.
Bachelor's degree and five years' management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree and SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred. Proven track record in workforce development, leadership, and nonprofit administration.
Please submit your resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Developer Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more The Arc of Monmouth Jobs