Elementary School District - Human Resources Specialist
West Chicago Elementary School District 33
- HR Generalist
Please note that West Chicago is a Suburb in DuPage County.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks listed below are representative of the essential performance responsibilities the Human Resources Specialist is expected to perform to a proficient level.
- Stay current and abreast of current laws and guidelines concerning HR.
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes database systems specific to human resource management including but not limited to Skyward, Aesop and Applitrack.
- Manages the Personnel Management System:
- a. Enters new employee’s information and keeps all information up-to-date.
- b. Performs beginning and end of year processes.
- c. Maintains position control.
- d. Performs other duties as assigned relevant to the management of the Personnel Management System.
- Assists in coordinating the registration process:
- a. Coordinates with Building Principals and District administrators registration dates.
- b. Updates registration packets and distributes them to the buildings.
- c. Attends meetings and coordinates the registration and communication process with building principals, building secretaries and district administrators.
- Supports the Director of Human Resources in the development and implementation of short and long term goals related to HR:
- a. Assists in the recruitment, development and retention of staff.
- b. Manages FMLA and other types of leaves in accordance with bargaining contracts, IL school code, state and federal regulations..
- c. Prepares and submits EIS reports to the State and assists in the preparations of other state reports such as unfilled positions survey, noncertified and teacher salary studies.
- d. Implements and provides guidance to central and building administrators with respect to bargaining contracts, IL school code, federal and state laws.
- e. Assists in the constant evaluation of HR processes to ensure efficiency in the office and implements new processes.
- f. Assists in facilitating new employee on-boarding process for certified and classified staff.
- g. Assists with benefits.
- h. Updates the Evaluation System in regards to additions/deletions of personnel as well as change in assignments. Assists in running compliance reports and communicates with staff.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in human resources.
- At least two years of human resources, school related experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with Skyward - HR; Aesop and Applitrack preferred.
- Working knowledge of IL school code, federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Interpersonal skills for effective interaction with a variety of stakeholder, excellent organization and time-management, effective verbal and written language skills, and the ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Possess excellent computer skills and working knowledge of email, internet, Microsoft Office, Google Docs and other office software.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality of all District and board-related businesses.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Elementary School Teacher Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more West Chicago Elementary School District 33 Jobs