Employee & Labor Relations Manager
OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation
- Manufacturing / Production
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- HR Generalist
- Employee Asst. Programs
- Health, Safety, Security
- Labor/Industrial Relations
- Liaison with business unit management team and employees on employee and labor relations issues. Primary contact between all HR functions and business unit.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective workplace investigations of internal complaints and concerns, including allegations of wrongdoing or violations of policies/ethics.
- Provides day-to-day performance employee management and relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
- Manages grievance and arbitration process for union contracts; manage collective bargaining agreements for union locations.
- Effectively builds relationships with employees, managers, union representatives and shop stewards.
- Actively manages compliance with Service Contract Act for company’s nonexempt employees working on government contracts.
- Manage and respond to unemployment claims; appear at hearings.
- Participates on company committees and special projects as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 8-10 years in the Human Resources field, within a supervisory/management capacity focusing on employee and labor relations.
- Experience with Service Contract Act (SCA) administration for non-exempt employees.
- Experience with managing workers in union environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and common sense decision making in real-time situations consistent with Company mission, values, and policies.
- Ability to provide solid guidance on discipline and performance issues.
- Experience conducting effective, thorough and objective workplace investigations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business materials to include professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write investigative reports and business correspondence in a professional manner. Ability to present information in an effective manner to employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (360, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), E-mail, Internet, and HRIS System (Costpoint preferred).
- Intermediate math skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with people and understand issues or problems before suggesting any changes.
- Successfully pass criminal and credit checks;
- Successfully complete a security interview;
- Must be able to successfully pass a U.S. Government background investigation for required security clearance.
OMNIPLEX is committed to a drug-free workplace. As such, the Company conducts pre-employment, reasonable cause, random and contract-mandated testing in accordance with federal and state law.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Labor Relations Manager Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Asst. Programs Jobs
- View more Health, Safety, Security Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation Jobs
View More Jobs in Chantilly, VA:
- View more jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Labor Relations Manager jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- HR Generalist jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
- OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation jobs in Chantilly, Virginia
View More Jobs in VA:
- View more jobs in Virginia
- Labor Relations Manager jobs in Virginia
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Virginia
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Virginia
- HR Generalist jobs in Virginia
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Virginia
- Health, Safety, Security jobs in Virginia
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Virginia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Virginia
- OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation jobs in Virginia