Employee Relations Specialist
NTT DATA, Inc
- Employee Relations
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA, Inc. currently seeks an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team in Boston, MA.
The ER Specialist will manage all employee relations matters for the assigned client areas such as coaching, counseling, reviewing Performance Improvement Plan and Warning documents. This role will also assist in HR-related investigations, when needed. In addition, the ER Specialist will identify training opportunities for clients and employees based on industry trends, employment law updates/changes and internal company practices.
- Advises managers and employees on internal processes regarding employee relations issues, dispute resolution, interpretation and application of policies.
- Provides guidance and makes recommendations to leaders related to disciplinary procedures, performance improvement plans and employee relations matters
- Review initial complaints, conduct investigations, recommend corrective action, and provide summary reports as appropriate.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of employee relations issues and incidents.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Job Level Specific Duties
- Actively participates in communicating and ensuring compliance with the company's HR policies and programs for a particular business unit or location.
- Provides guidance and counsel on company policies and guidelines, hiring and training and development.
- Assists with terminations in compliance with all local employment laws.
- Assists in the interpretation and application of established HR policies, , wage and hour, affirmative action and job evaluation system.
- Delivers key metrics to identify trends that assist business leaders in their decisions.
- Partners with recruiting to ensure effective staffing and retention of employees.
- Assists HR Business Partners with the preparation and change management associated with restructures, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadline oriented projects.
- Demonstrated propensity to take initiative, highly analytical with strong problem solving skills.
- Skilled in negotiation, judgment and decision-making.
- Strong follow through and customer service orientation.
- Proven, effective interpersonal skills, able to present information, influence decisions and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum Education and Certifications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
ypical Years of Experience
- Typically requires 5-7 years relevant experience