Employee Relations Specialist
Nova Medical Centers
- HR Generalist
- Manufacturing / Production
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- Employee Asst. Programs
- Labor/Industrial Relations
Employee Relations Specialist
Nova Medical Centers was built on ambition and a strong desire to be the best. Our objective is to become a national entity by 2023. We at Nova Medical Centers are the best in the industry. Our focus is solely in occupational medicine. Our patients get healthy sooner with optimal results. Nova operates more than occupational medicine facilities across Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Indiana
We are currently seeking an Employee Relations Specialist be based out of our corporate office in Houston, Texas.
In an ongoing capacity, the Employee Relations Specialists will act as a liaison between employer and employee, overseeing employee relations matters. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee complaints, escalating these complaints to the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary, updating employees with any changes in company policy, advising supervisors on treatment of staff and company policies, responds to employee violations of policy and generally helps to resolve conflict in the workplace.
The Employee Relations Specialist key responsibility will be to conduct periodic organizational site assessments and provide consultation on employee relations issues to executive and senior management staff. The goal is to assist managers in implementing effective action plans and appropriate solutions toward achievement of organizational objectives
- Conducts periodic organizational site assessments to determine the overall team and employee relations climate in each facility.
- Helps maintain a positive employee relations climate by proactively providing guidance to managers and responding to employee inquiries.
- Works collaboratively with employees and departmental leadership in carry out their responsibilities on employee relations matters
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of on-going employee relations problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions and employee concerns
- Recognizes patterns and anticipates employee-related issues; Develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental leaders and employees; Help employees and leadership settle work-related conflicts through advice and guidance
- Supports Regional Human Resources Manager and Compliance in conducting employee relations investigations
- Identifies and recommends solutions to Senior Leadership when repetition of individual problems indicate negative trends
- Identifies and recommends retention strategies
- Implements retention strategies and positive employee relations initiatives as designated by Executive Leadership
- Consults with Regional Human Resources Manager and Sr. Vice-President of Human Resources on employee relations as needed
- Assists in the communication of policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree required, SPHR/PHR preferred
- First year up to 75% travel, subsequent years approximately 50% travel.
- Minimum of three years Employee Relations experience, previous healthcare related experience a plus.
- Valid current state driver's license required.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource management and positive employee relations is necessary.
- Ability to manage broad range of tasks including counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, effectively and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior departmental leadership and facility managers.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, as well as make presentations to executive leadership as required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Employee Asst. Programs Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Nova Medical Centers Jobs
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View more jobs in Houston, Texas
- Employee Relations jobs in Houston, Texas
- Engineering jobs in Houston, Texas
- HR Generalist jobs in Houston, Texas
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Houston, Texas
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Houston, Texas
- Benefits jobs in Houston, Texas
- Communications jobs in Houston, Texas
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Houston, Texas
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Houston, Texas
- Legal jobs in Houston, Texas
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Houston, Texas
- Nova Medical Centers jobs in Houston, Texas
View More Jobs in TX:
- View more jobs in Texas
- Employee Relations jobs in Texas
- Engineering jobs in Texas
- HR Generalist jobs in Texas
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Texas
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Texas
- Benefits jobs in Texas
- Communications jobs in Texas
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Texas
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Texas
- Legal jobs in Texas
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Texas
- Nova Medical Centers jobs in Texas