Enterprise Director, HR Compliance & ADA
- Employee Relations
Director, HR & OAR (Office of Associate Relations) Compliance
Qualified candidates will have
- A deep employee relations background
- Strong process development/management skills
- Preferred experience with vendor management
- Technologically savvy - may be involved in new system implementation
Will act as a member of the Associate Relations Leadership team, and has 3 direct reports (all virtual across the US).
JOB SUMMARY: Provide oversight within Nationwide for HR, employment and labor law compliance. This role will focus on ensuring sound internal compliance programs for effective risk management throughout the Human Resources Organization.
LOCATION: Enterprise HR/OAR
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to AVP. 3 or more direct reports.
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of HR related federal and state law considerations. Initiate company policy, practice and training changes as appropriate.
- Develop/oversee the HR Compliance Repository, ensuring effective maintenance and management.
- Oversees an HR Compliance Network of partners within the HR Centers of Expertise to include Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Associate Services that operate as a committee to addresses regulatory and statutory issues.
- Develop and administer compliance audits as necessary with the HR Compliance Network partners aimed at proactively identifying compliance opportunities and solutions, as well as ensuring that they are operationalized and maintained in a consistent fashion.
- Directs activities related to the development and communication of Nationwide’s positions regarding state and federal laws and regulations.
- Support business development and integration as the OAR contact for HR compliance on mergers and acquisitions.
- Lead OAR’s ADA/FMLA team to include administration, policy, practice, and budget management. Direct a team of 3 ADA/FMLA experts.
- Oversee all compliance training including required Sexual Harassment Training Programs for Nationwide.
- Oversee the management of Unemployment Compensation matters for the company. In addition, help ensure compliance with work eligibility requirements, including visa administration, permanent residency protocols and the e-verify system.
- Oversee and facilitate the Incident Management Team Program for Nationwide, including any compliance related needs. Manage the IMT budget and participate in IMTs as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate/graduate studies in business administration, human resources, government policy, pre-law preferred.
Experience: 10 years related work experience in Human Resources, Legal and related management experience.
Knowledge: Labor and employment law (state and federal laws/regulation); strong familiarity with the company policies, practices and procedures; project management.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to set work and project priorities, and to evaluate and recommend solutions to regulatory compliance challenges and internal processes. Ability to assess and apply the labor and employment laws, company policy, practice and procedural precepts to identify and implement solutions that address company-wide compliance needs. Ability to coordinate, monitor and evaluate the work of others in a traditional or team environment.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (not eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.