Global Benefits Analyst
- HR Generalist
- Biotechnology / Science
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- International HRM
HollyFrontier Corporation in Dallas, TX is seeking a Global Benefits Analyst who will be responsible for providing analytical and project management support for various global benefit initiatives. In this role, the incumbent will have the unique opportunity to assist in building of a new benefits function. This global position perform a variety of benefits program activities, including but not limited to: benefit program analysis, assists with benefit program design,implementation and communication, regulatory compliance and education.Responsibilities also include partnering with the benefits administration team and other third-party vendors to manage the completion of the day-to-day benefits processing tasks. This position is responsible for engaging with employees and HR team members on benefits related activities and inquiries.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Supports the design of global employee benefit programs by examining and evaluating program design, employee preferences, external bench marking, costs, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantage. Ensures benefits programs balance competitiveness with affordability.
- Partners with the Sr. Management, Global Benefits and broker/consultant in the implementation of new plans. Leads the setup and testing of system requirements to administer plans, manages annual open enrollments and ensures seamless of day-to-day benefit program administration.
- Partners with global HR team members, and management to ensure benefits programs are administered correctly and aligned with company-wide strategic goals and best practices. Consults cross functional partners and the business on benefits strategy, policies and programs.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes benefits data and trends of competitor companies. Determines benefit practices and market prevalence by researching best practices; industry and employment trends; tracking legislation and organizational impact.
- Prepares and maintains benefit-specific reports, verifies accuracy and distributes as appropriate. Tracks and monitors reports sent by vendors and carriers. Monitors and flags potential issues on reports issued by vendors on various programs. Researches, analyzes and evaluates benefits data from under all programs for the entire employee population.
- Serves as a 'super user' of benefit systems and tools in order to identify best practices, assesses functionality and system requirements, and recommends process improvements as applicable. Ensures data integrity for all benefits processes and programs.
- Works with benefits carriers and vendors to resolve complex, non-routine benefits-related requests/issues to closure such as appeals, vendor problems, domestic relations/court orders, etc.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of benefits policies and procedures as well as relevant industry practices. Supports new employee orientation sessions to relay benefits plan and policy information.
- Develops and builds global benefits knowledge and expertise proactively to identify new trends, concepts and execute future strategies to enhance benefits programs. Stays updated on changes in legislation affecting employee benefits and partners with corporate legal counsel as necessary to interpret statutory changes.
- Audits and researches benefit programs by gathering data from a variety of data sources and systems. Prepares information and conducts audits/tests to ensure plans and processes are in compliance with internal and external requirements. Provides support for annual audits of benefit plans as needed.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of ten years of related benefit experience with five years of international experience. Experience in analyzing benefit programs including Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Canadian Pension, and the European National Employment Savings Trust (NEST).
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
Advanced knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, and other general retirement and welfare plan concepts or other relevant Human Resource Acts. Advanced knowledge of pensions, Human Resource management principles and practices, and administrative procedures; good word processing, database, e-mail and spreadsheet applications skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; strong ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, decision making and negotiation skills; detail oriented. Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA regulations. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations, and an intermediate reading and writing skill level.
May supervisor one or more employees.
Office based with up to 30% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery and warehouse/plant environments. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise finger and hand movements, reaching or grasping, lifting or carrying up to 25lbs, pushing or pulling up to 50lbs, perceiving color differences, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential with a valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring
Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized
lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Benefits Analyst Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more Biotechnology / Science Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more International HRM Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more HollyFrontier Corporation Jobs
View More Jobs in Dallas, TX:
- View more jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Benefits Analyst jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Engineering jobs in Dallas, Texas
- HR Generalist jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Legal jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Biotechnology / Science jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Benefits jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Communications jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Compensation jobs in Dallas, Texas
- International HRM jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Research jobs in Dallas, Texas
- Training/Development jobs in Dallas, Texas
- HollyFrontier Corporation jobs in Dallas, Texas
View More Jobs in TX:
- View more jobs in Texas
- Benefits Analyst jobs in Texas
- Engineering jobs in Texas
- HR Generalist jobs in Texas
- Legal jobs in Texas
- Biotechnology / Science jobs in Texas
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Texas
- Benefits jobs in Texas
- Communications jobs in Texas
- Compensation jobs in Texas
- International HRM jobs in Texas
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Texas
- Research jobs in Texas
- Training/Development jobs in Texas
- HollyFrontier Corporation jobs in Texas