MIT Investment Management Company
- HR Generalist
- Organizational Development
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant will work closely with the Manager, Organizational & Administrative Services to organize and coordinate office operations and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is eager to develop a career in HR, is an exceptionally detail-oriented multi-tasker with a strong customer service orientation, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The primary responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to employee onboarding and offboarding, recruiting support, and maintaining employee records. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a dynamic office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage application information within PeopleFluent
- Ensure jobs are posted at the appropriate locations: MIT, MITMCo, LinkedIn, universities, etc.
- Routinely review and manage incoming emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and regularly manage responses to general recruiting inquiries
- Schedule candidates for interviews
- Maintain recruiting information which includes a history of candidates’ visits, emails, feedback
- Maintain recruiting statistics
- When necessary, coordinate and schedule candidate travel and/or lodging
- Manage candidate reimbursements for travel and/or lodging as needed
- Schedule new hire schedule
Manage the employee onboarding process:
- Coordinate new hire orientation and schedule
- Create new hire arrival packet
- Create hard copy and electronic personnel file and ensure required documents are in place, filed & recorded accordingly
- Submit requests to IT for new employee email, systems access, phones, computers
- Coordinate with appropriate admin assistant and facility team to ensure the new hire work space is clean and ready for occupancy
Manage the employee off boarding process:
- Update the employee personnel files
- Provide exit materials
- Coordinate the exit interviews
- Follow up with the collection of pertinent equipment etc.
Plan, organize, and facilitate ongoing office events, including but not limited to the following:
- New employee brunches
- Departing employee exit lunches
- Wellness events
- Organizational development activities
- Respond to general manager and employee questions regarding HR policies and practices, systems and benefits.
- Responsible for additional HR support including employment verifications, invoices, and HR data audits.
- Contribute to the Rewards & Recognition committee
- Work as part of HR and Office Administration team to collaborate and communicate events impacting the staff.
- Identify process improvements in business process impacting the ongoing HR functions.
- Maintain phone list, floor plans and employee profiles.
- Assist Manager in coordinating employee office moves.
- Reconcile and submit expense reports for Manager.
- Provide ad hoc coverage for 3rd floor reception, including participation in the lunch time coverage rotation.
- Assist Manager on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor Degree required. 3+ years of administrative support experience, HR experience preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite: (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Highly effective collaboration skills and a strong orientation to working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, planning abilities, process management and attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a thorough and timely manner determining the appropriate course of action with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential matters discreetly and using appropriate judgment.
- Proven ability to interface with all levels of staff through executive management
- Thrives when having to multi-task and offers flexibility to accommodate changing priorities.
- Proactive - willing to suggest improvements and refinements to improve overall effectiveness of the team. Follow-through on enhancements and suggestio
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Assistant Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Organizational Development Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more MIT Investment Management Company Jobs
View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA:
- View more jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Human Resources Assistant jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Administrative jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Communications jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Organizational Development jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- MIT Investment Management Company jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts
View More Jobs in MA:
- View more jobs in Massachusetts
- Human Resources Assistant jobs in Massachusetts
- HR Generalist jobs in Massachusetts
- Administrative jobs in Massachusetts
- Communications jobs in Massachusetts
- Organizational Development jobs in Massachusetts
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Massachusetts
- MIT Investment Management Company jobs in Massachusetts