HR Business Partner
American Council on Education
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
Located in Dupont Circle, the American Council on Education (ACE) is a higher education membership association with a mission driven employee population. ACE’s human resources team has an immediate opening for a motivated and professional HR Business Partner. The incumbent will touch all facets of human resources, however, this position is primarily focused on supporting talent acquisition, talent management and employee engagement programs.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Manages the full-cycle talent acquisition process including: sourcing, screening, interviewing, candidate selection, reference checks, background checks, creating and extending offers and acting as a liaison with the hiring manager.
- Maintains OFCCP compliance and promotes a diverse employee population.
- Onboards new employees and assist with terminations. Provide support for disciplinary actions.
- Manages relationships with staffing agencies and assists hiring managers with their temporary staffing needs.
- Performance Management: Assists with the management of the annual performance management process and consults with managers.
- Training: Assists with the planning and implementation of a training curriculum that responds to organizational needs and mitigates organizational risk; maintains an inventory of available training programs and updates it as needed to meet staff needs.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of programs to increase employee engagement.
- Assists with the coordination and planning of staff events.
- Provides ACE staff with counseling and advice on work-related problems and responds to employee relations issues.
- Assist with processing changes in staff status such as: promotions, flexible work arrangements, FLSA status, leaves of absence, etc.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate and ensure compliance with various policies, procedures, laws and government regulations
- Acts as liaison a between human resources and other ACE departments.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, psychology, sociology, or a related subject.
- Three to five years of relevant on the job experience
- Two years of experience in recruitment and employee relations required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of staff
- Professional, self-motivated, and results orientated
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a changing environment
- An interest in social media and utilizing technology
- Experience working in a higher education or association environment a plus
For more information about ACE please visit out website and our blog:
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Business Partner Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more American Council on Education Jobs
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View more jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Business Partner jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Training/Development jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
- American Council on Education jobs in Washington, District of Columbia
View More Jobs in DC:
- View more jobs in District of Columbia
- Business Partner jobs in District of Columbia
- HR Generalist jobs in District of Columbia
- Employee Relations jobs in District of Columbia
- Training/Development jobs in District of Columbia
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in District of Columbia
- American Council on Education jobs in District of Columbia