Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
To support DVRPC’s mission, the Human Resources (HR) department focuses on pro-activeness, prioritization, and partnerships with all levels of staff. In order to continue accomplishing this objective and better meet service demands, DVRPC is hiring an HR Coordinator. This new team member’s job is mid-level professional work within a comprehensive human resources program. The coordinator will assist the HR Manager and HR Director with a variety of professional and technical duties, such as the management of policies and procedures, office administration, benefits administration, and staff recruitment. Additionally, a focus for this position is on staff training, staff communications, employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Work is performed with considerable independence at the full level of professional competency and is reviewed by the HR Manager and HR Director for accuracy and adherence to standards and procedures. Position reports directly to the HR Manager.
- Assist in the administration of the HRIS database, personnel and HR files, compliance with records retention policies, and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Research new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Assist in recruitments with an emphasis on sourcing, networking, posting jobs, scheduling interviews, candidate travel coordination, and selection.
- Coordinate and track on-boarding process and new employee orientations.
- Assist with benefit enrollments, changes, setting up information sessions, and directing employees to the appropriate web and broker services.
- Coordinate and administer the distribution of HR communications efficiently to all levels. This will include events, policy changes, and annual reminders.
- Serve as a contact to answer employee questions.
- Organize employee recognition, service awards, and social activities.
- Support implementation of employee engagement plans.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with staff; foster a positive work environment.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of DVRPC diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Perform related work as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, regulations, and practices of Human Resources.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with methods and procedures of recruitment and HR office administration.
- Experience with implementing and coordinating professional training initiatives, professional communication methods, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Exposure to benefits administration.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply personnel policies and procedures and federal employment law regulations.
- Ability to comprehend the goals and objectives of the human resources department and how they relate to the overall mission of DVRPC as an organization.
- Ability to assist the HR Manager in interviewing intern applicants and evaluating their qualifications in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ability to assist the HR Manager and HR Director in counseling staff on DVRPC benefits, policies and procedures, employee relations issues and general grievances.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other affiliates of the Commission.
- Ability to cope with conflicting points of view and to function under pressure.
Experience & Training
To classify as a level AA II, a minimum of three years of professional experience in Human Resources and such training that may have been gained from graduation from a four-year college/university or a Master’s program with major course work in a discipline applicable to Human Resources is required. PHR and/or SHRM-CP or higher preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission Jobs
View More Jobs in Philadelphia, PA:
- View more jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Administrative jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Benefits jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Training/Development jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Diversity jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
View More Jobs in PA:
- View more jobs in Pennsylvania
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Pennsylvania
- Administrative jobs in Pennsylvania
- Benefits jobs in Pennsylvania
- Training/Development jobs in Pennsylvania
- Diversity jobs in Pennsylvania
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Pennsylvania
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission jobs in Pennsylvania