- HR Generalist
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
Jviation has a great opportunity for full-time Human Resource Generalist in our Denver, Colorado office.
This position reports to the Human Resource Manager and assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resource functions and duties. The HR will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, payroll processing, employment, recruitment of new staff. This position works collaboratively with employees, supervisors and managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruiting process for all exempt, non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees, to include writing and posting the position, conducting phone interviews, setting up and conducting in person interviews, reference checks, making the offers.
- Responsible for the new hire process: conducting the new hire orientation, processing new hire paperwork, and sending out training certifications.
- Record in the payroll system all new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases, tracking personal time off.
- Participate in employee terminations.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assist in processing the termination paperwork and creating the term files.
- Process and complete unemployment claims.
- Responsible for determining eligibility for leaves of absence including FMLA eligibility, meeting with staff to complete FMLA paperwork, tracking time taken and track any benefit payments to be made while employee is out on leave.
- Process, monitor and complete worker’s compensation claims.
- Complete yearly EEO reports.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assist managers/supervisors and employees with employee relations issues.
- Handle the disbursement of rewards for the employee recognition program.
- Manage all employee records including medical and I-9.
- Answer various employee questions surrounding company policies.
- Assist with yearly open enrollment.
- Assist with administering various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain personnel manuals.
- Track and send out notices for performance evaluations.
- Assist in updating and maintaining human resource policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring performance evaluation program and revisions.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, internet trainings and attending seminars.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional and commensurate with the position.
- Maintains a professional and courteous environment.
- Maintains strict employee confidentiality.
- Process and manage payroll and 401k contribution tracking on semi-monthly basis.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a high school diploma. Four year degree preferred. HR Certification a plus.
- Minimum of 4 yrs experience in the human resource field.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Solid writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Good professional appearance.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Clerk Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Jviation, Inc. Jobs
View More Jobs in Denver, CO:
- View more jobs in Denver, Colorado
- Human Resources Clerk jobs in Denver, Colorado
- HR Generalist jobs in Denver, Colorado
- Benefits jobs in Denver, Colorado
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Denver, Colorado
- Employee Relations jobs in Denver, Colorado
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Denver, Colorado
- Jviation, Inc. jobs in Denver, Colorado