HR Specialist - Employee Relations - Bilingual Spanish
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
- EEO/Affirmative Action
Forest Lawn Memorial Parks & Mortuaries, a well-established and reputable organization is seeking a Bilingual, Spanish speaking Human Resources Specialist to administer, coordinate, and participate in a wide variety of Human Resources functions including employee relations, training and communications.
The ideal candidate must possess an outstanding ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with our management team and employees influencing business results through HR processes. Must be self-motivated, driven, results oriented and able to take ownership of established policies and procedures, while creating and implementing creative solutions to increase efficiency and boost employee morale.
This position will report to the Human Resources Manager.
- Provide general information to employees and management regarding Forest Lawn policies, practices, and procedures.
- Be an important role in the communication flow within our organization by facilitating meetings with various departments, collecting information regarding their processes and recording their suggestions and concerns in a report format.
- Guide employees and management through a variety of employee relation issues such as performance concerns, discipline, separations, employee development, employee conflict, grievances, and violations of policies/procedures.
- Ensures prompt response and resolution of employment-related complaints by conducting or overseeing thorough investigations through collaboration with the Human Resources Manager and Human Resources VP; taking the appropriate next steps to resolve the issues in a fair and equitable manner.
- Assist management in creating disciplinary memorandums, performance reviews and New Employee Progress Reports.
- Identify, create and enhance areas of training; such as Sexual Harassment Prevention.
- Maintain, monitor and ensure the accurate completion of I-9 documents.
- Gather HR Metrics information on a quarterly basis including, turnover rates and exit interviews and reasons for separations.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation.
- Stay informed of Human Resources developments and trends by attending seminars and webinars.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Human Resources.
- Three years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist or similar role, it is also important that you are eager to learn and continue your professional development.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required, including Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to receive, follow, and provide instructions in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to work effectively with all employees and management in a professional, courteous, and understanding manner; maintain confidentiality.
- Valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation and ability to travel to our 11 Forest Lawn locations in Southern California
- Must be Fluent in Spanish(Speak, Read and write)
- Strong business acumen, effective management, leadership, time management and organizational skills necessary
- Knowledge of local, state and federal labor and employment laws
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills required
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Forest Lawn Jobs
View More Jobs in Glendale, CA:
- View more jobs in Glendale, California
- Human Resources Information Systems Analyst jobs in Glendale, California
- HR Generalist jobs in Glendale, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Glendale, California
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Glendale, California
- HRIS jobs in Glendale, California
- Forest Lawn jobs in Glendale, California