HRIS Programmer Analyst
Penguin Random House
HRIS Programmer Analyst
Penguin Random House is hosting the Bertelsmann Accounting Services group and is seeking a skilled HRIS Programmer Analyst to join their team. In this role, one would develop and maintain the overall integrity of HRIS applications and HR systems in a Shared Services environment. Responsibilities include implementation, administration and management of UltiPro, supporting core HR, Payroll and Time and Attendance. Programmer duties include developing and supporting interfaces, applications and tools to assist team members with their duties. Analyst duties include building project plans, ensuring the adherence to project schedules and provide intermediate level support of HR applications.
- Maintain the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for the organization and monitor the workflow and audit for accuracy, security and efficient processing of requests
- Develops, modifies and maintains assigned programs. Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Serve as System Administrator for UltiPro Web and Back Office, setting up and removing users, managing roles and permissions, and maintaining content of the homepage.
- Customize and implement new features/functionality in UltiPro HRIS per user requirements.
- Responsible for understanding business requirements, configuring the UltiPro product and creating documentation as needed.
- Help maintain integrations between HRIS and other outside vendors. Work closely with business units to understand business processes, goals and gaps.
- Interface with internal departments and external vendors to coordinate imports and exports of employee data
- Create ad-hoc and standard reports to end users
- Support HR Operations with reporting technology to ensure any critical issues are resolved quickly.
- Provide training to all end users and technical support as needed to HR systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with software vendor by creating and following up on support tickets
- Develop positive relationships with various business functions such as HR, IT, Finance, and other business groups to ensure open communication regarding upcoming projects, resource requirements, and project participation.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Three or more years’ experience in HR systems administration, configuration and testing
- Experience with Cognos Report Studio and HRIS applications
- Prior experience using SQL on a SQL server platform
- Strong understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance and IT business processes and terminology.
- Prior experience with UltiPro strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically and continually review and improve processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented with the ability to serve multiple customers and deliver excellent service
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications and costs
- Must be able to work independently under general supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/
We are the premier provider of distribution services in the publishing industry. with two state-of-the-art national fulfillment centers located in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and Westminster, Maryland. Our combined distribution facilities comprise over 1.85 million square feet of warehouse space, the largest book distribution operation in the U.S. This complex organization receives, stores, picks, packs, and ships out on average more than 1.2 million books daily to customers around the world.
The Westminster facility is also home to Customer Service (National Call Center), Data Management Services, Customer Operations, Fulfillment and Operations Services, Logistics, Inventory Control, Credit, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Information Technology, and our world-class Data Center.
We are proud to offer a casual work environment, competitive salary, 401k with company match and a rich benefits package for which you are eligible your first day and a generous paid time off program to support a healthy work/life balance.
The normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.