Human Capital Partner
Kellogg School of Management
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
About the Job:
Supports the Senior Human Capital Partner (HCP) in managing and coordinating a broad range of Human Resources deliverables in support of a specific Executive Administrative Leader’s Team. Responsible for providing assistance and coordination of HC initiatives such as performance and talent management, recruiting, retention, talent development, compensation activities and management of data metrics and data analytics. Also provides assistance with the execution of projects as directed by the Senior HCP. Proactively partners with the HR Partner to help execute on strategies to ensure the achievement of the business’s objectives. This role may provide direct client support to managers, and senior leaders with the guidance of the Senior HCP.
Human Capital Acquisition
- Partners with the Senior HCP to assist with recruiting efforts and manage resource needs for both the foundational training programs and general staffing.
Human Capital Development
- Participates in the coordination and implementation of specific programs designed to accelerate talent development and strengthen internal talent pipelines.
Human Capital Metrics
- Works with the data reporting and analytics teams to develop and validate relevant metrics for HC related information and trends that can be used for insights and to influence decision making by the Senior HCP and senior leaders of the business unit.
Human Capital Generalist
- Partners with the Senior HCP by providing assistance with the execution of ongoing HC processes and activities related to performance management, talent management, compensation, and change management and employee engagement efforts.
- Handles escalated issues by collaborating with the respective HCP to research and determine appropriate resolutions.
- Provides assistance to the Senior HCP and leaders to help identify appropriate business resources for various events, and drive compliance with all training and task completions.
- May provide client support for smaller, less complex teams with guidance from the Senior HCP.
- May participate in business or project meetings to facilitate growth and development.
- Provides technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business.
- Develops and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway.
- Anticipates customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes
- Resolves technical issues within function or unit.
- Analyzes needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products.
- Leads short-term (3 to 9 months), defined scope projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of related work experience. Related experience may include experience in an office environment that required basic computer, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Problem solving experience
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well with a large team
- Demonstrated history of quality and timeliness of work product
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Educational concentration in HR Management preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- PHR Certification
- Previous experience in Human Resources
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Analytical skills
- Developing consulting skills
- Developing business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
- Developing project management skills
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Capital Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Kellogg School of Management Jobs
View More Jobs in Evanston, IL:
- View more jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Human Capital jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- HR Generalist jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Administrative jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Benefits jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Compensation jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Employee Relations jobs in Evanston, Illinois
- Kellogg School of Management jobs in Evanston, Illinois