Human Resource Analyst
City of Aurora
- Employee Relations
- Employee Asst. Programs
The Internal Services Department is seeking a qualified Benefits and HRIS Administrator. This position administers and supervises the operations of the City's benefit plans and programs and the human resources information system (HRIS) under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources Operations. This position works closely with Information Technology and the Finance department to effectively manage process and procedures within HRIS. The ideal candidate will have experience with successfully collaborating across departments and managing complex projects.
The Human Resources Department provides support and assistance to employees and city management in the areas of human resources and also oversees the City's wellness and volunteer programs.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers and maintains the City's employee benefit programs including: health care, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, deferred compensation, Employee Assistance Program, the Aurora Choice and the Health Savings Account Flexible benefits programs
- Administers the HRIS system including system conversion, writing of reports and developing and coordinating downloads
- Analyzes and evaluates system utilization and provides on-going training to system users
- Provides analysis, makes recommendations and implements new policies and procedures
- Presents information to Management Team and other customers as the functional area expert
- Oversees the maintenance of employee personnel records and files
- Administers and coordinates programs related to City retirees
- Assist with development and coordination of new employee orientation
- Responds to questions and inquiries from employees regarding employee leave, policies other benefit programs
- Coordinates benefits and tracking of employees on FMLA or other medical leave
- Coordinates the negotiation of benefit contracts and service agreements
- Prepares and provides statistical reports for HR and other customers
- Assists with managing the city's compensation structure and pay for performance that the HRIS system may be utilized for
- Conducts meetings with employees and management regarding employee benefit matters
- Participates in developing operational priorities, goals and objectives
- May supervise and make recommendations regarding selection, hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining assigned employees
- Represents the Human Resources Division at meetings and serving on committees including Placement Committee and Injury Team
- Coordinates and oversees complex special projects
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, management, personnel management or a directly related field.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in human resources including benefits administration with at least 2 years of supervisory and/or lead work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of employee benefits administration; payroll administration; federal and state benefits-related laws; contract administration; labor relations; computer operations and capabilities; statistical applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, elected officials and City retirees;
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; establish and fulfill goals and objectives; direct and effectively supervise other employees;
- Design and write specifications for employee benefits programs; to direct and effectively supervise assigned personnel and work flexible hours and weekends as required.
- Ability to work with and interpret relational data.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, decision making and supervisory skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet, word processing and data base applications.
- One Solution System (Sungard) experience,
- Benefit and leave administration in the Public Sector.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or Equipment Required: Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Demands: Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens; vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard
Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment
Equipment Used: Standard business and professional tools and equipment
View Similar Jobs:
- View more HRIS Analyst Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employee Asst. Programs Jobs
- View more City of Aurora Jobs