The Human Resources Business Partner is accountable for managing Human Resource functions including: implementing HR operational strategies, leading HR and business project initiatives; proactively engaging in employee relations issues, and managing programs, policies and procedures in support of our business culture. Partners with executive-level staff throughout the organization to get input on HR decisions and ensures the delivery of high-quality HR processes.
Accountabilities and Results achieved by this position include the following. Other accountabilities may be assigned.
- Develops, maintains and administers various HR programs and serves as the link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, and handling employee relations.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy and develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR professional serving all employees and the organization. Mediates difficult employee relations and/or other interactions as a neutral party.
- Manages various aspects of Human Resources to include employee relations, conflict management, corrective action, termination, workers compensation, leave of absences and other Human Resources activities.
- Works in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, communications and driving project execution.
- Management and administration of leave of absences program, return to work program, accommodation program, workers’ compensation program, unemployment claims and 1099 contract management.
- Effectively manages all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings. Makes recommendations to ensure compliance and/or improvements. Monitors, evaluates and educates on best practices, trends and compliance to mitigate risk.
- Plays an integral role in steering projects and executing HR initiatives and functions. Accountable to own and assist in developing, implementing and executing HR projects.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Works with other HR team members to ensure a consistent delivery of the HR strategy.
- Devising and managing HR projects or program, ensuring key milestones are identified and communicated to key stakeholders. Presenting and facilitation of HR initiatives.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs specialized duties and provides high-level support in the administration of human resources in assigned area of responsibility and back up to other HR functions.
- Acts as consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to employee relations issues in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supports all functions within HR, to include, but not limited to, preparing job descriptions, conducts periodic audits of human resources activities, manages classification, conducts job evaluation, 1099 management, conducts on boarding paperwork, back up support for recruiting, compensation/benefits and other initiatives.
Skills Required: The individual must have and be able to consistently apply the following skills at the levels indicated to produce the results required.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem resolution, coaching, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Strong knowledge of laws, regulations, and Human Resources best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and interact with all levels within the organization utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships.
- Track record of developing successful client relationships/business partnerships.
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive process to successful implementation.
- Strong experience working the "soft side" of HR including effective employee /management communications and developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open communication at all level.
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, with a focus on details and confidentiality while demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7-10 years of recent HR generalist experience, with strong emphasis in Employee Relations.
- PHR or Shrm-CP certification preferred.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office, Excel). ADP and HRIS experience is a plus.