Human Resource Specialist
Human Resource Specialist
Provide day to day management and coordination of all activities related to employee benefits and leaves for Catholic Charities of Onondaga County and Toomey Residential and Community Services, and recruitment services to Toomey Residential. Work as part of the human resources team, to insure and provide exceptional and timely customer service to employees and other constituents.
- Manage and coordinate the Agencies employee group benefit programs: health, dental, life, short term disability, workers compensation, and 401(k) plans.
- Review insurance and appropriate retirement plans with employees. Assist employees and process all enrollments, changes and terminations in an appropriate and timely manner. Process payroll deductions associated with insurance benefits. Document communication with employees, Diocese and carriers regarding benefits. Work with Diocese, vendors and employees to insure accuracy and timeliness of information and to resolve any issues.
- In conjunction with supervisors, coordinate employee leaves. Insure that employees receive appropriate communications and required notices. Determine eligibility for leave such as FMLA, disability, workers compensation and personal leave following applicable laws and agency policies.
- Monitor and adjust as appropriate paid time off benefits based on employee hire, change or termination. Work with supervisors to insure that employees are in the appropriate category and review twice a year to insure benefit code corresponds with hours worked.
- Provide recruitment services for Toomey Residential open positions including job posting/advertising, paper screening, and full life cycle recruitment for exempt level positions.
- Work as part of the human resources team, keep abreast of other activities and tasks in the department and assist as needed.
- Manage and coordinate the employee open enrollment process and provide benefit information at new employee orientation.
- In conjunction with supervisor, develop, update and maintain employee benefit materials for employees. As directed and needed, efficiently produce accurate and timely reports and correspondence using HR / Payroll databases and Microsoft office software.
- Review and approve all benefit related data changes for entry into payroll /human resources data base. Review to insure data entry accuracy.
- Make recommendations to improve areas of responsibilities based on research of best practices.
- Conduct applicable and relevant benefit surveys. Resolve employee relations issues within scope of knowledge and authority.
12. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources, Diocese and Catholic Charities policies and procedures. Must maintain strict confidentiality.
Bachelor degree in human resources, business or related field with three (3) years of experience in a centralized human resources environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. In depth knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations is required, experience in the development and implementation of new systems preferred. Professional in Human Resources certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more HRIS Analyst Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Catholic Charities Jobs