Human Resources Account Manager
- Employee Relations
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
As the Human Resources Account Manager for the Air Traffic Management (ATM) Business Unit you will be responsible for coordinating Human Resources activities for a growing, global business with an organization dispersed over three international sites.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Professional to develop and drive initiatives to achieve business results (e.g. talent management, workforce planning and restructuring, team building and organizational change). In this role you will act as a strategic business partner, change agent and member of the line management staff and will report in a matrix to the Head of HR for Traffic Management and the Head of Air Traffic Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement corporate policy within ATM
- Facilitate organization and leadership development efforts
- Coach managers and leaders on strategies for ensuring outstanding employee relations
- Advise leaders on employment issues, procedures & best practices
- Assist with employee counseling, coaching and career development
- Work on HR driven projects and initiatives which impact ATM
- Build strong relationships with employees throughout the company and act as a liaison between other departments, divisions and stakeholders
- Develop, drive, implement and maintain the compensation & benefits through shared services and the ATM team.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain processes and tools to support the annual performance/merit/compensation review process for all
- May direct small teams (
- Actively participates in and manages interviews, evaluating candidates and making recommendation for hire
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or related discipline
- 15 - 20 years’ experience, preferable in an international HR context
- Knowledge in one or more Human Resource specialty areas such as compensation, recruitment, training, organization development, etc.
- Ability to direct and influence at all levels of the organization to drive results
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced HR Professionals
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite and other computer-based systems (i.e. HR systems, applicant tracking systems)
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Hands on and intercultural sensitivity
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check, that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment verification and education verification.
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Saab Jobs