Human Resources Administrator
Guide Dogs for the Blind
OVERALL SUMMARY: The Human Resources Administrator provides general support to all GDB employees and Human Resources department. Coordinates and administers employee benefits, safety programs, leave of absences and HRIS systems.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Administers all health, welfare and retirement plans companywide.
- Manages daily benefits administration, including enrollments, terminations, changes, and COBRA. Maintains online Benefits Administration system. Produces related reports as needed.
- Ensures employee understanding of benefits programs through communication and counseling. employees/dependents as situations arise. Acts as liaison between employee and insurance providers to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Manages annual benefit open enrollment. Participates in renewal meetings and partners with VP of HR and Controller to finalize program selection. Creates test scenarios in benefits administration system to ensure all benefits plans are programmed correctly. Along with the broker, develops open enrollment materials and communicates changes to employees, including conducting onsite meetings. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly consolidated billing from insurance providers. Reconciles invoices for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company.
- Manages and tracks compliance for benefit eligibility under the Affordable Health Care Act. Reviews and distributes 1095-C forms to employees and files 1094-C and 1095-C with the IRS.
- Responsible for ACA, ERISA and other applicable compliance reporting.
- Maintains HRIS system. Ensures data confidentiality and data integrity by monitoring and conducting monthly audits.
- Responsible for entering and processing all employee changes including new hires, status changes, and terminations.
- Creates and maintains standard reports, including monthly turnover report.
- Updates training documents and provides training for system users as needed including leading individual and group training sessions.
- Partners and works closely with Payroll on special projects such as total compensation and annual merit increases.
Safety and Worker’s Compensation Administration:
- Works closely with the Safety Manager and management team on employee related safety initiatives.
- Tracks all incidents and accidents through the company Safety Database and serves as the HR liaison on the Safety Committee, reporting incidents and accidents as needed.
- Manages workers’ compensation claims, including reporting claims, coordinating modified duty assignments, and assisting employees in resolving related issues. Tracks restricted and modified duty days for OSHA 300 Log compliance. Completes and posts OSHA 300 Log annually. Maintains all related paperwork.
Leave of Absence Administration:
- Manages and administers all company leaves of absences. Serves as the primary point of conduct for both employees and managers.
- Sends all required notices, forms and letters, and determines leave eligibility. Ensures federal and state compliance of all leaves, including certification of FMLA leaves.
- Assists with coordinating disability between state and private carriers.
- Interfaces with managers and health care professionals to coordinate accommodations, return-to-work, light-duty, and other responses for injured or disabled employees.
- Manages the post offer onboarding process including scheduling employee’s first day, administering new employee paperwork and partnering with managers to create onboarding plans. Plans and organizes quarterly new hire orientation.
- Manages the off boarding process including conducting exit interviews.
- Partners with VP of HR and legal counsel to update policies in compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Communicates and interprets policies to staff and managers.
- Responsible for compliance reporting and tracking including EEO-1. Ensures required labor law posters are in place.
- Responsible for planning and organizing employee recognition events, such as annual Service Award Luncheon and Holiday Party.
- Represents the Human Resource Department at meetings, on committees, and special functions as requested. Directs work of HR volunteer and clerical staff as required.
- Adheres to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same. Promptly reports incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Undertakes other duties assigned.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education and Experience Equivalent to: A minimum of two years position-related human resources experience, including a minimum of three years responsible and confidential administrative experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- PHR or SPHR certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is essential, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Supervisory experience is desirable but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A high degree of discretion and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain effective professional working relationships with all contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to make presentations to employee groups.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform duties such as filing, bending and reaching, and extensive work at a keyboard and on the phone.
Full-time, non-exempt position. Occasional weekends and occasional travel required to Oregon campus.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more HRIS Analyst Jobs
- View more Administrative Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Other Jobs
- View more Guide Dogs for the Blind Jobs