Human Resources and Safety Manager
Brin Glass Company
- HR Generalist
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
- Labor/Industrial Relations
Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. Our markets include wholesale distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing. We enabled our employees to acquire beneficial ownership in 2013 when the Company formed an ESOP.
The Human Resources and Safety Manager is a newly created position, and the incumbent will be responsible for overall Human Resource and Safety activities for multiple locations. The successful individual will demonstrate effective leadership, process design capability, flexibility, and a willingness to effectively manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
Key accountabilities will include the following:
- Proposes, publishes and administers all personnel policies.
- dentifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures that all reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Administers benefits programs.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate and administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Serves as EEO specialist and OSHA compliance officer and maintains Affirmative Action plan.
- Plans and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations, and lead the investigation of accidents and injuries.
- Maintains safety files and records and compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies; oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field with emphasis on human resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-PC or SHRM SPC highly desired.
- Five to seven years of directly related duties, with at least two years’ experience in labor relations; extensive knowledge of current laws and regulations regarding employers’ and employees’ rights and obligations.
- Effective interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse personalities at all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and payroll systems - ADP preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Brin Glass Company Jobs
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View more jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Human Resources jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- HR Generalist jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Benefits jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Employee Relations jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Brin Glass Company jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota