Human Resources Benefit Manager
Pittsfield, Maine 04967
- HR Generalist
- Manufacturing / Production
- Retail / Wholesale
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
- Labor/Industrial Relations
This position has responsibility for a team of benefit subject matter experts in the administration of all pension and welfare benefit programs, compensation and payroll, compliance, occupational health and wellness programs, government contract prevailing rate pay systems, employment compliance, EEO and affirmative action and employee recordkeeping.
- Administer, streamline, and integrate employee benefit programs and processes.
- Design, evaluate and modify benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive, and in compliance with legal and ERISA requirements with a focus on high quality, good health, prevention, and cost containment.
- Lead the educational and communication efforts within the organization in regards to health & wellness as well as human resource policy and procedural changes and enhancements.
- Ensure compliance with HR policy, federal and state wage & hour, employment and labor laws.
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide team members thru benefit decisions.
- Mediate between benefits providers and employees, such as by assisting in handling employees' benefits-related questions, researching issues, or taking suggestions.
- Advise management on such matters as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and discrimination.
- Supervise an innovative team of 5 to 6 human resources professionals including being a leading promoter of lean, process improvement, cost reduction and change management.
- Interface with management, business unit leaders and human resources teams, employee groups, external government agencies, etc.
- This position requires a four-year business degree plus a minimum of 10 years of human resources management experience.
- Supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of benefit administration and experience with general human resources functions is required.
- Strong communication and people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to identify and analyze underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Can do attitude, sense of urgency, and desire to succeed as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated track record in getting results.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and as a member of a team.
- Must have experience with HRIS and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Previous experience with Microsoft Access is considered an asset.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Labor/Industrial Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Cianbro Jobs
View More Jobs in Pittsfield, ME:
- View more jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Human Resources jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Engineering jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Legal jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- HR Generalist jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Benefits jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Communications jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Compensation jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Diversity jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Employee Relations jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Training/Development jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
- Cianbro jobs in Pittsfield, Maine
View More Jobs in ME:
- View more jobs in Maine
- Human Resources jobs in Maine
- Engineering jobs in Maine
- Legal jobs in Maine
- HR Generalist jobs in Maine
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Maine
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Maine
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Maine
- Benefits jobs in Maine
- Communications jobs in Maine
- Compensation jobs in Maine
- Diversity jobs in Maine
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Maine
- Employee Relations jobs in Maine
- Labor/Industrial Relations jobs in Maine
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Maine
- Training/Development jobs in Maine
- Cianbro jobs in Maine