Human Resources/Board of Directors Coordinator
Southern California Golf Association
- HR Generalist
- Retail / Wholesale
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
Under the direction and guidance of the Executive Director and the Controller this position serves as coordinator for both Human Resources and the Board of Directors, assisting with all administrative and compliance activities associated with recruitment and hiring, insured and qualified benefit programs, employee and personnel relations, EEOC, performance management, and report compilation, as well as, the administrative duties associated with Board of Director meetings and activities. The HR/BOD Coordinator assists in the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures that impact all aspects of the workforce from pre-employment to termination. He or she also notices and attends all Board of Director meetings, takes notes, prepares and publishes minutes and serves as the first-point of contact with Board members. The successful candidate will also serve as the employees’ first-line contact for all human resources matters, directing issues to the Controller or the Executive Director as appropriate. Additionally, this individual will have direct oversight of the Administrative Assistant who answers the phones and handles general administrative functions of the department.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of human resources and general office experience, with exposure to a broad range of functions (personnel, employee relations, EEOC/diversity, benefits [plan development and administration], and training and development) with increasing levels of responsibilities. The successful candidate will also have the requisite office skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to board members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Working closely with SCGA’s Controller and Executive Director, as appropriate, the Coordinator will work to align and provide Human Resources services, expertise, and solutions to advance SCGA’s mission, core values, and business objectives; the Coordinator assists in developing, and delivering the processes, procedures and programs, as follows:
- Recruitment, Hiring & Onboarding: develops job postings and job descriptions; recruits for positions; and, sets up interviews with applicable managers and leaders. Conducts reference checks; drafts offer letters; assists in new employee orientation; oversees employee enrollment in the insured and qualified benefit plans; ensures that new employees are fully informed on company benefits, policies and procedures, safety training, and all areas that will impact their employment; and, oversees the collation and maintenance of all employee personnel files.
- Employee Relations: serves as the first contact to provide advice, counsel and direction on personnel and disciplinary actions; routinely refers legal matters to the Controller, Executive Director and/or outside professional consultation to ensure all applicable laws are followed (wage & hour, EEO-related, common law and other specialized statutes); assists the Controller and/or Executive Director in monitoring the management team to ensure there is consistent application of policies and procedures throughout SCGA; assists in the development, updating and maintenance of personnel policies and procedures, including the Employee Handbook; and, conducts employee exit interviews.
- EEOC/Diversity: assists the Controller, senior management and the Executive Director to ensure that the SCGA workforce reflects the communities it serves.
- Performance Management: assists in reviewing applicable salary surveys, provides administrative assistance for the 90-day Introductory Evaluation, and the annual performance evaluation of all employees.
- Benefits Administration (health, welfare & retirement): working with the Controller and the insurance broker, assists in annual open enrollment; oversees the enrollment of employees in benefits; and, serves as the in-house contact to answer questions, or to direct employees and their covered dependents to the broker.
- Employee Communication: Working with the Communications team, the Controller and the Executive Director sends out company HR-related e-mails on an as-needed basis for any and all matters impacting employees; and, responds to confidential employee inquiries as needed.
- Training and Development: Ensures all legally required training is conducted in a timely manner (including the mandatory biannual sexual harassment and anti-bullying training); and, recommends and facilitates other training sessions as needed or desired.
- Employee Morale: Assists the Controller and/or Executive Director in conducting periodic employee satisfaction surveys; and, assists in implementing employee events, e.g., holiday party, holiday gift giving, staff championship, receptions, etc.
- General Administrative Duties: responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all required internal/external reports.
- Board of Director Responsibilities: Serves as the daily point of contact for all communications from or about board members; writes and sends all communications about board of director meetings; sets up meetings, including ordering food, securing hotels, if needed; takes notes of all board meetings and the committee meetings that the Executive Director chairs, and prepares and publishes minutes; performs other functions as required.
- Performs Administrative Function for the Executive Director: types documents when needed and performs other administrative functions as required.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
JOB QUALIICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of 2 years of progressive involvement in the Human Resources function, gaining valuable experience in the essential human resources functions listed above. Demonstrated ability to develop effective consultative relationships with management and an ease in interacting with all levels of staff from individual contributors through senior executives. Tact, diplomacy, objectivity, and confidentiality are absolutely required.
Strong business orientation, teamwork and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to work well under pressure, and handle many projects simultaneously. Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing, in both formal and informal settings with employees, board members, their respective staffs, and all other external stakeholders.
An AA degree in business, Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
Approximately 20-25 a week.
$25-$30/hour based on experience.
- A Bachelor degree in business, Human Resources
- Experience with non-profit organizations strongly preferred
The successful candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
To apply, please submit a completed Job Posting Application to Controller at SCGA (KKibbee@scga.org or by mail to Controller, SCGA, 3740 Cahuenga Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604-3502) by April 14, 2017.
The SCGA is an EEO Equal Opportunity Employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more Diversity Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Southern California Golf Association Jobs
View More Jobs in Los Angeles, CA:
- View more jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Human Resources jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Engineering jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Legal jobs in Los Angeles, California
- HR Generalist jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Benefits jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Communications jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Compensation jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Diversity jobs in Los Angeles, California
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Employee Relations jobs in Los Angeles, California
- HRIS jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Training/Development jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Southern California Golf Association jobs in Los Angeles, California
View More Jobs in CA:
- View more jobs in California
- Human Resources jobs in California
- Engineering jobs in California
- Legal jobs in California
- HR Generalist jobs in California
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in California
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in California
- Benefits jobs in California
- Communications jobs in California
- Compensation jobs in California
- Diversity jobs in California
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in California
- Employee Relations jobs in California
- HRIS jobs in California
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in California
- Training/Development jobs in California
- Southern California Golf Association jobs in California