Human Resources Business Partner
- HR Generalist
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
The Human Resources Business Partner will support the Enterprise Division for Nuance. This professional will perform the following responsibilities:
- Interpret policy and understand federal and state labor legislation to provide direction/counsel to managers and employees, using practical solutions to anticipate and resolve HR issues.
- Facilitate key meetings, deliver communications and administer Corporate HR programs and processes.
- Provide assistance/guidance on HR programs and processes: staffing, performance management, compensation reviews, learning and development, talent assessment and employee transitions from the Division or Company.
- Review/approve performance management actions to support Division productivity while minimizing risk to the Company.
- Approve/track manager requests for new and replacement headcount.
- Provide professional consultation for organization effectiveness and employee engagement to executives and managers.
- Review and recommend compensation adjustments in light of changing market data.
- Liaise with HR colleagues outside the USA to ensure coordination of HR programs for the Division
- Ensure Division compliance with legal and regulatory requirements which impact Nuance employees and contractors.
- Liaise with Corporate HR functions such as payroll and benefits to ensure that issues are dealt with effectively by the Shared Service organization, with a high level of employee satisfaction.
- Participate and/or lead in site management functions to ensure local employee engagement
- Prepare various detailed analysis and presentations on workforce, turnover, engagement, etc.
- 7+ years professional experience in broad based HR Generalist roles.
- Experience managing ER issues to successful resolution.
- Experience executing HR programs in the areas of organization design, compensation and work force planning.
- Ability to execute HR strategy with business leaders through influence.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, negotiation, problem-solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, high energy, flexible team-player who can work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- BA Degree or equivalent work experience is required.