Human Resources Business Partner
Benjamin Moore & Co.
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore is seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to work primarily out of the Flanders, New Jersey location with responsibility for the following groups within the Operations Function: Product Development, North American Customer Information Center and Engineering Departments. Additional functions and/or sites may be assigned as needed.
The HR Business Partner will handle employee relations, legal compliance, policy development, compensation planning, training initiatives, organizational development, change management and special projects in support of human resources initiatives as assigned, as well as:
- Serve as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues, as well as an employee champion and change agent.
- Provides guidance on performance and behavioral problems, corrective action, development plans and terminations.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations; compile comprehensive reports and required documentation.
- Collaborate with other HR team members and leverage their expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives.
- Communicate, facilitate and champion HR programs and company-wide initiatives such as employee engagement and recognition.
- Support the recruitment process for open positions with such activities as creating jobs postings, sourcing and selecting qualified candidates, conducting phone screens, facilitating debrief sessions, and negotiating offers.
- Execute pre-employment requirements and on-boarding of new employees; conduct new employee orientation.
- Provide support for activities relating to employee benefits (e.g., Open Enrollment, Employee Recognition, Wellness, etc.)
- Deliver training content to employees and/or managers in such areas as harassment, diversity, leadership development, performance management, etc.
- Oversee the performance management process, including review and tracking of completed performance reviews, calibration sessions, and coaching management through the construction of development plans as required.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field
- 5 or more years as a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist; experience working independently in a field based role.
- Timely and accurate execution of administrative HR responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience with HR program design and implementation.
- Proven facilitation skills to effectively deliver training.
- A collaborative style; ability to proactively build strong, supportive relationships and employ coaching strategies when applicable.
- Experience with HRIS (preferably ADP).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and re-prioritize based on business demands.
- Confident and assertive style with an ability to influence business partners and peers to achieve common goals.
- SHRM CP or SCP Certification a plus