Human Resources Business Partner
Brown Brothers Harriman
- HR Generalist
- Arts / Entertainment / Media
- EEO/Affirmative Action
- Employee Relations
Human Resources Business Partner
Org Marketing Statement
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Department Marketing Statement & Role Overview
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for overseeing and executing HR strategies for the Finance, Compliance, Risk and other support areas with oversight by the Sr. HRBP. This position understands the needs of Line of Business (LOB) leadership and proactively implements HR strategies to support business goals and growth. The HRBP collaborates with HR Centers of Excellence to manage and coordinate all facets of HR to help the business achieve its goals. This position is responsible to drive for results and utilize metrics that enhance organizational effectiveness, managerial capability, talent development and succession planning for the LOB for respective client groups or population.
- Establish and build strong relationships with the Business to deliver business aligned HR solutions that are congruent with business goals and objectives; Execute HR strategies and/or priorities which support business goals
- Work with the business to ensure the right organizational design/HR framework exists to support business needs; Oversee job family structures and manage the Career Progression program
- Support managers with performance management process (advising, reporting)
HR Partnership: Talent / Compensation / Employee Relations / Talent Acquisition:
- Works with Sr. HRBP and HR Centers of Knowledge including Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and Talent & Development to ensure HR Services are aligned to provide for the needs of the business.
- Partner with Sr. HRBP and Talent & Development team in the development and execution of a comprehensive talent strategy; Provide ongoing feedback and insights into talent needs
- Partner with the Sr. HRBP and Compensation team on the annual compensation cycle; Support and guide compensation planners with decisions and strategy.
- Partner with Employee Relations on various ER matters and provide guidance as necessary
- Work with Talent Acquisition to review and, as necessary, vet offer recommendations
- Deliver both solicited and unsolicited leadership feedback to managers and other leaders. Provide coaching, as needed, to address issues.
- Provide change management to guide leadership on how to effectively navigate new HR programs and/or policies, organization change and shifting directions
- Implement appropriate metrics which correlate to the achievement of business objectives.
- Analyzes data to inform key business decisions and ensure client needs and issues are addressed in connection with LOB needs.
- Coordinate the analysis and publication of relevant HR metrics to communicate to LOB Leadership within client group.
Qualifications, Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience required; Previous HR Business Partner experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred; Experience supporting Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Audit or other support areas a plus
- Previous experience leading/driving annual compensation process a plus
- Exceptional relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience developing, building and maintaining strong business partnerships at all levels
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Exceptional leadership, relationship management, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and innovative HR solutions to business issues
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Legal Jobs
- View more HR Generalist Jobs
- View more Arts / Entertainment / Media Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more EEO/Affirmative Action Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employment/Recruitment Jobs
- View more Training/Development Jobs
- View more Brown Brothers Harriman Jobs
View More Jobs in New York, NY:
- View more jobs in New York, New York
- Human Resources jobs in New York, New York
- Engineering jobs in New York, New York
- Legal jobs in New York, New York
- HR Generalist jobs in New York, New York
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in New York, New York
- Benefits jobs in New York, New York
- Communications jobs in New York, New York
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in New York, New York
- Employee Relations jobs in New York, New York
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in New York, New York
- Training/Development jobs in New York, New York
- Brown Brothers Harriman jobs in New York, New York
View More Jobs in NY:
- View more jobs in New York
- Human Resources jobs in New York
- Engineering jobs in New York
- Legal jobs in New York
- HR Generalist jobs in New York
- Arts / Entertainment / Media jobs in New York
- Benefits jobs in New York
- Communications jobs in New York
- EEO/Affirmative Action jobs in New York
- Employee Relations jobs in New York
- Employment/Recruitment jobs in New York
- Training/Development jobs in New York
- Brown Brothers Harriman jobs in New York