Human Resources Coordinator
Richmond Ambulance Authority
- Employee Relations
- Employee Asst. Programs
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator is a member of the HR management team responsible for the successful administration of the agency benefits program and payroll operations. In addition, the position assists to facilitate resolution of employee relations problems.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Agency’s Benefits Program – Coordinates payroll and benefits program and serves as agency’s primary lead in the delivery of the payroll and benefits program administration and services to include, but not limited to health, life, retirement, disability, workers compensation, leave, FMLA and COBRA. Monitors and provides resolution of routine and complex issues involving benefit eligibility, claims handling, and inquiries regarding retirement. Ensures appropriate follow-up is completed with time-sensitive items and escalates sensitive matters to the Director of HR for awareness or assistance in resolution. Serves as liaison with Third Party Administrators (Anthem, Flexible Benefits & Principal).Assist with the organizing and coordinating of the Open Enrollment process; ensures proper enrollment of all new employees to group health insurance plans. Ensures all benefit invoices are paid and plans are active; audits and processes monthly bills after resolving discrepancies and billing errors. Produces benefit enrollment, benefits deduction, and plan participation reports. Ensures regulatory requirements are met and recommends changes necessary to meet regulations. Stays current and demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Payroll – Administers agency payroll operations by coordinating payroll functions throughout RAA; promotes good internal controls; provides payroll guidance to agency and keeps Director of Human Resources informed of any changes and or discrepancies. Responsible for completing any required reports and ensures accuracy in retirement, healthcare, flexible benefits reconciliations.Continuously improves processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy; takes initiative to utilize ADP and other software systems for optimum productivity, accuracy, confidentiality and results. Remains up-to-date on new developments in payroll and related legislation; advises Management on needed actions.
- Employee Relations – Supports Director of Human Resources by assisting with employee relations issues that can occur 24 hours a day. May be delegated authority to act on behalf of Human Resource Director in his or her absence. Maintains good communication and positive relationships with employees to promote employee satisfaction. Assists with New Employee Orientation regarding explanation of payroll, harassment training, and explanation of benefits; handles random drug screens and reasonable suspicion process; prepares and processes annual EEO and VETS-100 federal reports. Responsible for administration of timekeeping system. Works with management team to complete audits with outside agencies/programs to include; worker’s compensation and agency accreditation. Maintains all personnel and medical files for current and former employees. Assists with other department projects, as needed.
- Knowledge of human resources management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problem submissions, determine appropriate action, and provides guidance and direction to customer.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, determine obstacles and provide conclusive outcomes.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, including healthcare, disability, retirement programs, workers compensation, FMLA, USERRA, ERISA, flexible benefits and leave administration.
- Ability to determine response priorities and information sharing to obtain the best benefit available to employees.
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to implement strategic elements in a changing fast-paced HR department as well as plan and communicate those changes.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, lead meetings, make effective business decisions and meet project-based deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and provide guidance on agency’s policies.
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP preferred
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Human Resources Manager Jobs
- View more Benefits Jobs
- View more Compensation Jobs
- View more HRIS Jobs
- View more Employee Relations Jobs
- View more Employee Asst. Programs Jobs
- View more Richmond Ambulance Authority Jobs
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View more jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Human Resources Manager jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Benefits jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Compensation jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- HRIS jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Employee Relations jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Employee Asst. Programs jobs in Richmond, Virginia
- Richmond Ambulance Authority jobs in Richmond, Virginia